Urbinax16

First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 EX
Country flag
hello every one, i hope any one can guide me with my issue, a year ago i bought my civic 2016 EX with 22k miles on it. the issue is that seller erased codes before selling it to me and after a month or so of owning the car it fired P2422 code "EVAP CVS stuck closed" i dont have any specialized dealers or mechanics that want to try fix my issue, so i was wondering if any one knows exactly what the problem is, how can i fix this myself and the difficulty level? .. thanks and peace!
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Urbinax16

Urbinax16

First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 EX
Country flag
I wouldn't know how to fix it.
i read on some deepweb forum that a P2422 could be related to a dirty or cloged air filter and changing it + cleaning MAF ""COULD"" fix the problem. might give it a try (already replaced air filter days ago wich was really dirty and cloged).

OP
OP
Urbinax16

Urbinax16

First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 EX
Country flag
light came back, i will have to live with this :(

OP
OP
Urbinax16

Urbinax16

First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 EX
Country flag
You probably have a spider nest in your vent tube. Remove and inspect it. Its the big fat tube that's not clamped on
now that you mention it, yesterday i washed my car and saw lots of spiders coming out from the back of my right door o_O

can you be so kind of showing me this vent tube with pictures or something ? thank you