10thgenSIcoupeBLK

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen Civic si coupe
Country flag
So recently I had to change all my spark plugs. Car ran fine for a few months. And the other day I did a pull and all the sudden it hit an imaginary redline, and started driving like shit aka limp mode. I got my scanner on it, and I’m seeing cylinder 1 misfire, so I reseat the spark plug, and buy a new coil pack. It runs better but still sputters. Air to fuel ratios seem fine. So idk what to look at. I know I saw “ check intercooler piping “ which I still have yet to do. It could be a boost leak but idk where to start. I’ve been out of the car loop for like a year now and have a annoying one track mind… so if anyone has ideas I’d greatly appreciate it. I’m trying to fix this like yesterday. Oh the fuel economy is still great. It just sputters if I give it too much gas.

Honda Civic 10th gen *HELP* with cylinder 1 misfire 25B6BDEB-D85E-4DBB-8E53-C877D1455665
Sponsored

VTecYoSelfB4UWreckYoSelf

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Country flag
From what I have seen a bad fuel injector is the main culprit with a misfire. From what I read they seem to start acting up as soon as 50k miles.

Kotaas

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m having the same issue but cylinder 3 I’ve narrowed it down to fuel injectors I’m actually swapping them out tomorrow.

praying to god that fixes it or else I’m definitely losing my shit

OP
OP
10thgenSIcoupeBLK

10thgenSIcoupeBLK

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen Civic si coupe
Country flag
I’m having the same issue but cylinder 3 I’ve narrowed it down to fuel injectors I’m actually swapping them out tomorrow.

praying to god that fixes it or else I’m definitely losing my shit
I got really busy with life and didn’t ever have a chance to do my normal maintenance I’m wondering if I need to clean my air filter. I hope to GOD it’s not a fuel injector. Then again I did pay for a Warrenty

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
NGK PLUGS AND not oem coil pack ( I didn’t think I was gonna keep it honestly ) I knew better lol lol lol
You can try swapping the coil pack to another cylinder and seeing if the misfire moves as well.

As others have indicated, fuel injectors are unfortunately a common point of failure for this platform.

Guitar_stitch

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI, 2006 Honda Element, 2006 Chevy Express
Country flag
I'd throw a scope on the pack and injector wires for the bad cylinder and a known good cylinder, then compare the current ramps. That would tell you if you have a failing pack or failing control wire. A weird current ramp on the injector may also indicate a sticking injector or failing solenoid on the injector.

Your air filter affects all four jugs, not just the first cylinder.

Finally, I wouldn't trust a damn thing the "O'Reilly's Digital Mechanic" says. They are there to sell parts, not solutions.

OP
OP
10thgenSIcoupeBLK

10thgenSIcoupeBLK

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen Civic si coupe
Country flag
I went to Honda randomly to ask them what it could be. I felt it was a fuel injector. My buddy is back their working, so I got the fuel injectors replaced under Warrenty. So yes it was indeed fuel injector cylinder 1 but all 4 replaced obv

Kotaas

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I went to Honda randomly to ask them what it could be. I felt it was a fuel injector. My buddy is back their working, so I got the fuel injectors replaced under Warrenty. So yes it was indeed fuel injector cylinder 1 but all 4 replaced obv
+1 on this swapped mine out last night and all lights and issues went away

OP
OP
10thgenSIcoupeBLK

10thgenSIcoupeBLK

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen Civic si coupe
Country flag
Yup. But I reflashed back to my phearable tune. And it runs fine. But sometimes when I give it gas I get that “ sputter “ or hitting if an imaginary redline. It’s weird. I’m wondering if the ECU has to get used to not having the messed up injector ?

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
I had the same misfire issue with my 2.0 but for #4 misfire. But if you replace one injector, good practice is to replace them all so they all match perfectly. So I ordered all new injectors. Replaced them yesterday and my car runs like new again. Only took me an hour to replace them on my 2.0, it was pretty easy to get to.

OP
OP
10thgenSIcoupeBLK

10thgenSIcoupeBLK

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen Civic si coupe
Country flag
So had all injectors replaced. Have a new coil pack on cylinder 4 lol and car is still misfiring like a champion idk what to think anymore. Head gasket ??
Sponsored