DamonPS

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017 EX CVT Hatch
Country flag
You don't even have to do a log as far as trims. Either use Tunerview or a laptop (assuming you have a V1.2) and look at the LTFT1 and STFT1 numbers during a drive.

So i recorded a couple short videos for a drive.. but i dont see those options you said on TV

heres the video(s)

Sponsored

OP
OP
DamonPS

DamonPS

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Lights dimming/flickering on accel/braking imply an electrical load or voltage sensing issue
still even after replacing battery and sparkplugs having the lights dimming jitter on break and accel

gtman where i described the thud/lurch when my TAC came on, still exists.

im at the point where i think i may ass well park it at honda and hope they dont void my warrenty and let them check everything... But I just moved states from NY -> IN (towed my car)and im waaaaay too broke to even afford a 500$ bill let-a-lone anything higher.

thinking i should just clear codes and sell it/trade it in but i also dont have a credit score right now also because of moving .... -yikes

Codes: p2100 p2000 p2187 p0001 p0266-new

Last edited:
OP
OP
DamonPS

DamonPS

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Update as I cant seem to figure this out on my own anymore... I called Honda and Scheduled a diagnostic visit thanks for everyone's help

Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Update as I cant seem to figure this out on my own anymore... I called Honda and Scheduled a diagnostic visit thanks for everyone's help

Good luck, let us know what they end up finding!

OP
OP
DamonPS

DamonPS

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I was just going over my warrenty info.. i have to 150k miles and i guess i got the ultimate plan. Litterally the entire car almost is covered. however, with tuning im afraid if its ultimatly the cvt ill be stuck with that bill. butt all eltrical, battery, break, and engine componets including turbo are all coverd (so long as they dont try to pin everything on tuning) i should be okay. all i know is im getting her fixed and selling her. i dont think i ever want another cvt again.

making a write up of this post, my reaserch findings and p codes for honda when i bring it in.

OP
OP
DamonPS

DamonPS

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well so I have my car back! As far as the eletrical codes, tac, dimming and flickering they cleared them selves and havnt returned so they were unable to diagnose those...

My intercooler had a hole in it I guess as well as some leaking around the seals/hoses

but as far as lean, nOX, and turbo code, stalling, and what I thought was cvt slip was engine surge, they seem confident that the intercooler replacement should fix all of that.

Ofc they said bring it back for any further issues.. took it out for a couple 100 pulls down the highway and no codes or lack of power... so I think it was just that.

If she holds up for the rest of this week I think I'm going to re-tune and get some summer tires. 🙂

OP
OP
DamonPS

DamonPS

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
well ive had her for 3 days now and everything seems mint.

Turns out I had a crack in my intercooler, and some leaking seals/gaskets too boot.

i got my summer tires on and have done some 100 pulls on the local bypass and seems like there is no longer any sutter/jolty/hesitation or stalling.

so we are 100% good!!

now I just need to narrow down the lights flickering/eletrical gremlins.

considering 2steps tune for my car.
Sponsored