jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
This is probably a dumb question but just want some opinions. I had the TPMS light come on so I went to the gas station and filled air in all tires and waited for the machine to beep because it beeps once the tires reach 32 psi (which is the reccomended psi) and I finished. I then recalibrated the TPMS and drove around for around 30 mins to recalibrate it, but the light came back on again as I was driving.

I cant bring it in to check it out because tomorrow early morning I have a 4 hour drive down south for work and I was planning on taking the Civic because my girlfriend took the BMW for her business trip and the Mercedes is in service. So my question is should it be okay to drive it down a long distance or is there a possibility of a slow leak in one of my tires? Worst comes to worst ill just take my buddys car down there tomorrow but just wanted some opnions because I rather take the Civic.
Sponsored

ResortCasual

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I have had this happen to me a few times.

In my case, it takes 2-3 times before the TPMS light stays off. Annoying for sure but not something you probably need to run to the dealership for.

I had a similar situation where the light came on a couple of times and I was driving from San Jose to Los Angeles the next day. Everything was fine but for the first 100 miles of the trip I was on edge for sure.

But of course there is a chance you do have a small leak - in which case, for peace of mind, you should probably swing by the dealership to make sure

OP
OP
jred721

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
I have had this happen to me a few times.

In my case, it takes 2-3 times before the TPMS light stays off. Annoying for sure but not something you probably need to run to the dealership for.

I had a similar situation where the light came on a couple of times and I was driving from San Jose to Los Angeles the next day. Everything was fine but for the first 100 miles of the trip I was on edge for sure.

But of course there is a chance you do have a small leak - in which case, for peace of mind, you should probably swing by the dealership to make sure
Yeah that sounds about right. I ended up taking it down there and back up again with absolutely no issues so I guess I just need to recalibrate it a couple more times. If that doesnt work though ill swing by the dealer to see whats up.

CT0760

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring, Blue
Country flag
What they said, after my last tire rotation the light came on and then again after re-calibrating; it can take a few times but it should turn off eventually
Sponsored