HELP!! Stock windshield wipers are pure CRAP!!

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It’s time to upgrade these things for sure!! I know I probably post a thread about this a while back I seriously need some new wipers. This morning driving into work was hell. These stock wipers aren’t that great so it’s time to replace them. Anyone have any suggestions? I have a hard time seeing in the rain and having shitty wipers doesn’t help. Thanks y’all.
Sponsored

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've been rocking PIAA si tech for a year and a half now

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Stock ones are just fine. Aftermarket ones, apart from PIAA true silicone ones, are crap and don’t last. I replace my OEM inserts every 6-12 months, always keep them clean and windshield clay barred and clean, and they’re perfect. No skipping, smearing, etc. But after 12 months I definitely see a need to replace them though. Can’t beat the $16 cost either.

OP
OP
Jens_sedanEX18

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The stock ones I’ve cleaned regularly and they still suck. I had my car since June of last year abs I was planning on buying some aftermarket ones anyways after my treacherous drive to SC that foggy night and it was raining cats and dogs. Can’t I just replace the inserts instead of having to buy a whole new set of wiper blades?

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The stock ones I’ve cleaned regularly and they still suck. I had my car since June of last year abs I was planning on buying some aftermarket ones anyways after my treacherous drive to SC that foggy night and it was raining cats and dogs. Can’t I just replace the inserts instead of having to buy a whole new set of wiper blades?
Yes honda sell replacement blades insert, but, try this first: (trust me)

longthaitran91

Suiton20
First Name
Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
I’m still on my original wipers from the time bought the car in 2017. They still work well. I probably have to replace them because this Texas freeze probably damaged them. I clean them about every 2 weeks and refill my rainx fluids every 3 weeks. I spray my windshield multiple times everyday. What sort of washer fluid do you use? Using crappy windshield cleaner degrades the wipers. Not using them enough also degrades them. Or maybe my windshield has so any layers of wax that it’s protecting the wipers scraping my glass

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
For $100 you can cop a pair of Spoon replacement blades for the FC1 and FK8 only .........

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m still on my original wipers from the time bought the car in 2017. They still work well. I probably have to replace them because this Texas freeze probably damaged them.
MAN this is the most fun stuff ever to happen, it's so funny looking at Texans interact with snow, OF COURSE the little couple inches of snow you've got did not damage your blades, hey it's -30c (-22F) sometimes and we get meters and meters of that sh!t every year and my wiper blades last me 4 to 6 years in average (watch the video i posted above, and DO IT!)

Also, it's SO FUNNY to see them make them snowballs and trying to burn them, of course it'll become black and water won't pour out of it, it has ALWAYS done that, it's NOT plastic !!! it's just the way things work !LOL :p They see conspiracy EVERYWHERE it's crazy!!

You guys are the best!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jens_sedanEX18

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes honda sell replacement blades insert, but, try this first: (trust me)

Thanks. But my issues I’m having is the wipers are not clearing my windshield off properly and when it’s raining hard it’s even worse. But I’ll give it a try.

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks. But my issues I’m having is the wipers are not clearing my windshield off properly and when it’s raining hard it’s even worse. But I’ll give it a try.
because you have shit accumulated on your blades and on your windshield, what is happening on the surface of that glass on a micro scale it easily affected by that stuff, if your blades arent cracked or damaged and still they don't do a good job, it's because it's not clean...simple as that.

jlamb30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan • 03 Kawi ZX-6R 636
Country flag
MAN this is the most fun stuff ever to happen, it's so funny looking at Texans interact with snow, OF COURSE the little couple inches of snow you've got did not damage your blades, hey it's -30c (-22F) sometimes and we get meters and meters of that sh!t every year and my wiper blades last me 4 to 6 years in average (watch the video i posted above, and DO IT!)

Also, it's SO FUNNY to see them make them snowballs and trying to burn them, of course it'll become black and water won't pour out of it, it has ALWAYS done that, it's NOT plastic !!! it's just the way things work !LOL :p They see conspiracy EVERYWHERE it's crazy!!

You guys are the best!!
In defense of the Texans, Texas is going through a once in a decade or two situation. The deep south does not get this kind of weather very often, and it can be devastating when it happens. The entire power grid took a shit, which is another debate for a different day. You guys are used to tundra-type weather, the south is not.
Sponsored