HELP PUT A STOP TO THIS!!! DEALER SCREWED ME

Boba Debt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Long Bed, 2017 WRX STi
Country flag
Honda is partially to blame for this too.

The roll out sucked.

If they would have told the world via commercials and reputable magazine interviews that every dealership in the US would have the opportunity to get up to 6 of the 2017 Type Rs.

The price could have been announced 7 months ago and Honda could have let customers order their Type R from the dealerships, just like I had a chance to order a 2018 STi that would have taken 3-4 months to get here

That would have made it harder for dealerships to charge ADMs

Honda could have pre-selected 2 for each dealership and allowed customers to pre-order the other 4 in what every color and accessory combination the customer wanted.

Accessories could have be ordered at the time of the pre-sale and installed at the factory

One of the 2 preselected cars could have been Champion White with specific factory installed accessories such as the CF trim and they would have been the Numbered Edition.

But they went the other way and kept everything shrouded in mystery

There are still dealers telling people that Honda is only doing this for the 2107 MY

The exploitation will continue
Sponsored

Plombhpa

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R, F150
Country flag
In October 2016 I placed a deposit IN WRITING to buy the FIRST type R at MSRP. Last month I was told I could purchase the SECOND at 10k OVER. The owner kept the first one to himself. Here's their response today to my reviews I've left all over the web. PLEASE HELP ME AND LEAVE THEM A BAD REVIEW SO OTHER DEALERS AND HONDA CAN USE THEM AS AN EXAMPLE!! WE WILL NOT KEEP GETTING SCREWED LIKE THIS!!

https://www.facebook.com/Parker-Johnstones-Wilsonville-Honda-379529992091946/

Dealer rater.com
Yelp
Facebook
Google

IMG_3432.PNG

IMG_3433.PNG

IMG_3434.PNG

IMG_3435.PNG
Let me help you. Ta
Join the club, just about everyone is getting screwed by the dealerships on this car, even the buyers that were happy to pay ADM, they just can't admit it or don't know it yet.

The few that aren't getting screwed are the ones that paid MSRP and they are few and far between.

I got screwed by 2 Honda dealerships and I had a written contract with the second.

So do like I did.

Move on till the hype dies down and then buy one for a little over invoice.

BTW - I bought a 2017 STi for just a couple hundred over invoice. At first it was something to drive till the Type R Hype died in a couple years but the more I researched them the easier it was to skip the Honda.

I'll buy a Type R in a couple years, probably when the warranty is out on the STI. It will go to the shop for a 500HP engine upgrade the Type R will be my DD, and I guarantee you I will only buy it from a dealership that sold their 2017s at MSRP and I will get it for less than MSRP.
Let me help you. Call a lawyer and get their information. Then call the dealer and provide them the name of the lawyer. You will get your car. DO NOT CASH THE CHECK IF YOU DO YOU ARE DONE. WHEN YOU SUE YOU WILL GET THE LEGAL FEES PLUS MAYBE SOME EXTRAS. YOU CAN ALSO GO THE WAY OF THE WOMAN IN Texas who published her story on YouTube and then got her car. Take it from an old guy Don't give up and don't roll over.

Plombhpa

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R, F150
Country flag
yes thats me. I did find another car out of state but paid 2k for shipping. I offered the dealer a chance to make this right by helping offset some of those shipping costs, they denied.
Sue them and get your money back and more. They win if you cashed your deposit.

Boba Debt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Long Bed, 2017 WRX STi
Country flag
They always give themselves an "out" in the contact. Before I left for the 3 hour round trip the salesman read the contract and it seemed bullet proof.

When I showed up he said the manager made him add a line which basically said either of us could change the terms of the contact if we wanted to.

I told the guy "thanks for wasting 3 hours of my life" and he proceeded to tell me it was just a formality and they would do MSRP + Accessories.

And then they didn't

Even if I could have sued and bought the car it would have been a constant reminder of all the shit bag dealerships that are ripping people off

Instead I have an 2017 STi that that I bought from Bel Air Subaru in Maryland and they went above and beyond, it was one of the best car buying experiences that I have had.

Every day I drive my car to work with a smile on my face

When I buy a Type R it will be from a dealer that treated their 2017 customers right, even if I have to drive to Florida, Maine or Tennessee to pick it up.

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
I have finally come to the conclusion that it will not get better anytime soon. With the magazine reviews coming out and the TypeR spanking it's AWD competitors getting a new one will require M2 money. It's up to each and every one of you to decide if it's worth it or not, then move on. Honda does not give a flying you know what that their dealers are taking us for a ride.

The best bet to get a decent price will be the used car market. A lot of people are buying it as a primary means of transportation not knowing the cost of ownership. There will be used ones laying around soon, but for what price is the question.

hondatech nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline
I'm just trying to play devils advocate here so don't burn me at the stake, cause I don't agree that they should be charging as much as they are but it is called msrp. Manufacturers SUGGESTED retail price. Meaning it isn't set in stone that's what Honda suggests they sell it at.

neteng101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I wouldn't blame the dealers - I blame the people paying over ADM for creating this problem. If every buyer stops this nonsense and walk away unless its MSRP or less, the dealers will all fold and stop their bad behavior too.

hondatech nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline
I agree but it's the communities fault for creating the adm situation by people calling hundreds of dealers and putting deposits down at multiple dealers trying to secure one. When a dealer gets thousands of calls they start to think that the demand is huge, when in reality those calls are coming from the same 100 people on these forums. Also I'm going to throw a little shade on cali. I got mine from the dealer I work at in Illinois and we got multiple calls from out there because all of their dealers were going to be charging adm, because of the way the scene is. And they were all offering to pay adm.

Vdeity86

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350z Anniversary Edition(sold), Accord, #1220 CTR
Country flag
@hondatech nate @neteng101 I'm completely on board with ADM - it's just the way it works with scarce resources, but to my point is that our dealers CHANGED their DEAL with us. It's shitty that a contract and deposit cannot be canceled by myself, but can be on their end. If they were straight up and said hey lets wait for the market to figure it out, or hey we're going to be charging adm thats fine. Some dealers said MSRP, got a non refundable deposit, then changed their tune.

OP
OP

revin9k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s2000
Country flag
The dealer has now removed all their reviews from Facebook. Cowards.

E46Trojan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E46 M3
Country flag
I have finally come to the conclusion that it will not get better anytime soon. With the magazine reviews coming out and the TypeR spanking it's AWD competitors getting a new one will require M2 money. It's up to each and every one of you to decide if it's worth it or not, then move on. Honda does not give a flying you know what that their dealers are taking us for a ride.

The best bet to get a decent price will be the used car market. A lot of people are buying it as a primary means of transportation not knowing the cost of ownership. There will be used ones laying around soon, but for what price is the question.
What cost of ownership? It's a Honda with insurance rates for a hatchback FWD. I seriously doubt the actual cost of owning this car will surprise anybody except for maybe the tires.

Your conclusion is based on the false premise that the Type R will have some absolute production cap. Honda is not a supercar manufacturer and has never said the Type R will be limited in production. They are not going to leave money on the table to dealerships forever. They already said they will manufacture 6,000 for the US by March 31, more than anybody expected. Every dealership in the U.S. will be allocated 5-6 in total by then.

The markups will last for a year at most until the 2018 is out, just like the RS. In between now and then, the next hyped up car will release and the attention will be all about that one whether it is a 2018 Supra or S2000. I seriously doubt the markups will survive until then, and I won't be surprised if at that point you have no concern for the Type R and are on the S2000 forums complaining that you will never get a 2018 S2000 for MSRP.

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
it is a civic i feel you love to hate on @Boostlag i am getting one it is still a fucking civic for christ sake i even passed on one i could get at MSRP Cos not CW and i do not regret it .. wake up people it is nice care but it is not super rare care and stop hating
What I'm doing is hating? You can't be serious?

I call out what I see. Facts. Not hate.

I don't care what you passed up on.

Plombhpa

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R, F150
Country flag
I beg to differ. You had a contract with the dealer that they are not meeting. If you haven't cashed the deposit check then the contract is in place. Didn't anyone learn anything from the woman from Texas. Her video went viral and the dealer coughed up her car. It did help that she is pretty and cried a little bit.

Plombhpa

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R, F150
Country flag
They always give themselves an "out" in the contact. Before I left for the 3 hour round trip the salesman read the contract and it seemed bullet proof.

When I showed up he said the manager made him add a line which basically said either of us could change the terms of the contact if we wanted to.

I told the guy "thanks for wasting 3 hours of my life" and he proceeded to tell me it was just a formality and they would do MSRP + Accessories.

And then they didn't

Even if I could have sued and bought the car it would have been a constant reminder of all the shit bag dealerships that are ripping people off

Instead I have an 2017 STi that that I bought from Bel Air Subaru in Maryland and they went above and beyond, it was one of the best car buying experiences that I have had.

Every day I drive my car to work with a smile on my face

When I buy a Type R it will be from a dealer that treated their 2017 customers right, even if I have to drive to Florida, Maine or Tennessee to pick it up.
Iam sorry that it worked out this way for you. I did not know about the wording that provided an out. The contract that my dealer wrote provided no outs. It just said that I get the first car at MSRP with no additional charges. I did purchase lunch for the sales staff and gave my salesman a gift card for a nice dinner as a thank you.
Sponsored