Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered mine today. No one from tsp will answer me or get back to me so moving on to power metrics.
Hmmmm. TSP was really good in the past with customer service. Sorry to hear about them not getting back to you. Have you posted anything in the TSP vendor forum here?
Sponsored

OP
OP
ChefFaz84

ChefFaz84

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si sedan(fc1)
Country flag
Hmmmm. TSP was really good in the past with customer service. Sorry to hear about them not getting back to you. Have you posted anything in the TSP vendor forum here?
Not yet. I've emailed them and messaged them on Facebook since Thursday with no response. We will see if and when they get back to me but so far it hasn't been a great experience.

Tego0189

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Takes about a day to get the tune. So far I like how the car feels. TSP customer service isn't bad maybe there busy they normally answer pretty quickly just not on weekends

OP
OP
ChefFaz84

ChefFaz84

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si sedan(fc1)
Country flag
Wow quick turnaround i ordered this afternoon and got the tune about 30 minutes ago. Uploading the tune now but will test it out for real tomorrow.

OP
OP
ChefFaz84

ChefFaz84

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si sedan(fc1)
Country flag
Takes about a day to get the tune. So far I like how the car feels. TSP customer service isn't bad maybe there busy they normally answer pretty quickly just not on weekends
Did you make any adjustments to your power metro tune? I did notice they have the anti lag feature on which I know it says only for built motors. As for now I left it as is.

Tego0189

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Did you make any adjustments to your power metro tune? I did notice they have the anti lag feature on which I know it says only for built motors. As for now I left it as is.
I noticed the same thing it was the first thing I noticed. On both tsp and powerliter tunes it was off. I left as is too, it's suppose to help us make more power. I feel secure in the tune

OP
OP
ChefFaz84

ChefFaz84

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si sedan(fc1)
Country flag
I noticed the same thing it was the first thing I noticed. On both tsp and powerliter tunes it was off. I left as is too, it's suppose to help us make more power. I feel secure in the tune
The anti lag is only for when your launching correct? It just allows you to build boost without being engaged so you can launch with boost built up. Correct me if I'm wrong and thinking of something else.

dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
The anti lag is only for when your launching correct? It just allows you to build boost without being engaged so you can launch with boost built up. Correct me if I'm wrong and thinking of something else.
Anti lag allows you to built boost by retarding ignition to the point combustion is happening outside the cylinder and in the turbo.

I strongly recommend you do not use that feature on a stock motor and turbo. The turbo can (will eventually) crack from the excess heat and pressure.

The stock motor is going to blow using anti lag, that's unavoidable. It might not happen now but with all the stress anti lag will put on the rods, they're going to give out.

OP
OP
ChefFaz84

ChefFaz84

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si sedan(fc1)
Country flag
Anti lag allows you to built boost by retarding ignition to the point combustion is happening outside the cylinder and in the turbo.

I strongly recommend you do not use that feature on a stock motor and turbo. The turbo can (will eventually) crack from the excess heat and pressure.

The stock motor is going to blow using anti lag, that's unavoidable. It might not happen now but with all the stress anti lag will put on the rods, they're going to give out.
But the anti lag is only used while launching or is this something that is going on during driving around? Either way don't plan on using it but just want to know what I'm talking about.

dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
But the anti lag is only used while launching or is this something that is going on during driving around? Either way don't plan on using it but just want to know what I'm talking about.
It can be used for launching or while rolling. Although for a fwd platform without slicks itll be pointless as you'll just be spinning tires.

2 step, which is a secondary rev limiter, would be more effective for getting better launches. On hondata +9psi I found around 3k to be really effective getting a nice fast launch without spinning the tires. You really just have to experiment based on your tune and where the limit of your tires is at.

Even with 2 step, I wouldnt recommend just holding it there, just use as something to help you limit your revs before a launch and not worry about overshooting.

salik990

First Name
Salik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic 1.5T, 15' Audi A3 1.8T, Toyota Hilux Revo 2017
Country flag
m running TSP stage 1 map on non-si civic 1.5T cvt from last 2 months, so far its going good. i want to know if the this powermetric stage 2 map would be better option as i dont have flex fuel kit.

Tego0189

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
m running TSP stage 1 map on non-si civic 1.5T cvt from last 2 months, so far its going good. i want to know if the this powermetric stage 2 map would be better option as i dont have flex fuel kit.
Powermetric stage 2 is for use only with flex fuel kit. Stage 1 you dont need the kit but you have to be using hondata as there tune is specifically only for hondata
Sponsored