First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si sedan(fc1)
Country flag
https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/car-is-bogging-down.51793/

Here's a link to the thread I started yesterday but out taking the car on a joyride with a friend to show him the power of the flashpro with the tsp stage 1 tune around 5400 rpm the car just bogs down like the fuel cutout . All my numbers look in line to me as far as air fuel and STFT and LFFT so I'm absolutely puzzled. Car only has 8000 miles and I usually drive it fairly easy. Had my flashpro for 3 months and tsp for about 2 weeks now. This was my first time.really getting on it. I reflashed and took FTS off cause I noticed it was set at 5200 and nothing changed. I have 2 dataloggs attached and you can see the peak at 5300 when the car seems to cut power. It's definitely not the clutch slipping as the last pull I wasn't even at WOT. Someone suggested heatsoak and the crank pulley slipping. But need some hondata guys who can check my graphs and help me. Thanks guys appreciate your help with this. Later tonight I'm going to reflash back to the 6psi base tune and see if that changes anything.

My car is completely stock, I'm waiting on my PRL short ram but until I figure this out hesitant to install.
Sponsored

Attachments

OP
OP
ChefFaz84

ChefFaz84

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si sedan(fc1)
Country flag
Reflashing back to +9 psi today and seeing if that solves the issue. Does anyone know cause the TSP tune is locked do they have the rev limiter set lower ? Has anyone else with tsp had similar issues?

Tego0189

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/car-is-bogging-down.51793/

Here's a link to the thread I started yesterday but out taking the car on a joyride with a friend to show him the power of the flashpro with the tsp stage 1 tune around 5400 rpm the car just bogs down like the fuel cutout . All my numbers look in line to me as far as air fuel and STFT and LFFT so I'm absolutely puzzled. Car only has 8000 miles and I usually drive it fairly easy. Had my flashpro for 3 months and tsp for about 2 weeks now. This was my first time.really getting on it. I reflashed and took FTS off cause I noticed it was set at 5200 and nothing changed. I have 2 dataloggs attached and you can see the peak at 5300 when the car seems to cut power. It's definitely not the clutch slipping as the last pull I wasn't even at WOT. Someone suggested heatsoak and the crank pulley slipping. But need some hondata guys who can check my graphs and help me. Thanks guys appreciate your help with this. Later tonight I'm going to reflash back to the 6psi base tune and see if that changes anything.

My car is completely stock, I'm waiting on my PRL short ram but until I figure this out hesitant to install.
Did you throw any error codes when it happened?

OP
OP
ChefFaz84

ChefFaz84

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si sedan(fc1)
Country flag
No error codes. Still stumped on this one. I almost feel like the tsp tune I got has the rev limiter set at 5400 rpm cause with the 10th gens I read they have a built in fuel cutoff in the ECU if you hit the rev limiter to reduce the chances of blowing the motor.

Tego0189

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
No error codes. Still stumped on this one. I almost feel like the tsp tune I got has the rev limiter set at 5400 rpm cause with the 10th gens I read they have a built in fuel cutoff in the ECU if you hit the rev limiter to reduce the chances of blowing the motor.
It happened twice to me while on tsp stage 1 for hondata. Then it happened with a custom tuned. Last week when it happened I had slowed down on 4th when it just cut off all gas car would shift normal but no gas

OP
OP
ChefFaz84

ChefFaz84

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si sedan(fc1)
Country flag
What did you end up doing about it? Did you call Corey at TSP and ask if it was the tune? I'm hoping to hear back from him tomorrow, I have posted my dataloggs and emailed them to him as well. What are your logs looking like?

I wonder if anyone else has had this same issue.

Tego0189

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Honestly I never wrote to Corey. Only when I first got the tune because it dropped my fuel trims ridiculously fast and I wasn't even beating the car up. He checked my datalogs said the trims were fine needed more long term. It was about 5 months later running on tsp stage 1 that this happened to me. After I switched to PowerPerLiter custom tune ran fine for about 3 weeks before the same thing happened. Switched back to TSP ran fine again for about 2 months and it happened again. I just left it alone switched tune one more time to see if it's the rev limiter

OP
OP
ChefFaz84

ChefFaz84

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si sedan(fc1)
Country flag
I'm guessing it wasn't the rev limiter but more so the fuel trims? Is it still happening to you all the time when you hit that high of rpm cause I haven't taken my car that high before and scared to do it since it happened. But what's the point of the flashpro and all these tunes if you can't get the car above 5400 rpm right

Tego0189

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
See thats what gets me because when it happened to me recently I was not at 5400 I was around 4000 rpm in 4th going about 62 and the car basically went limp mode shifted fine but no gas pulled over turned it off and on car went back to normal I did a few pulls and nothing happened

OP
OP
ChefFaz84

ChefFaz84

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si sedan(fc1)
Country flag
See thats what gets me because when it happened to me recently I was not at 5400 I was around 4000 rpm in 4th going about 62 and the car basically went limp mode shifted fine but no gas pulled over turned it off and on car went back to normal I did a few pulls and nothing happened
Yeah mine is only happening at 53/5400 rpm and doesn't matter if I'm WOT or half throttle. And to me all my fuel trims and air/fuel look good but I'm not an expert. That's why I think it's something else.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Flash back to stock or try a base tune and see if it still happens or not to potentially rule out it being tune related.

OP
OP
ChefFaz84

ChefFaz84

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si sedan(fc1)
Country flag
Going to go back to +9 psi today when I get off work and see how that goes.

OP
OP
ChefFaz84

ChefFaz84

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si sedan(fc1)
Country flag
I'll let you know how it goes, hopefully that will help but also might have to switch to phearable or another tune if it's the tsp tune itself. Thanks for the help.
Sponsored