Help needed to get sunroof working in Type R (I know, sounds nuts..)

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
@bikejog DUDE!! I got it working!!!
I wired the white wire from the sunroof harness to the passenger side power window switch and it opened!!
My sunroof works!!
Awesome dude. I'm glad I didn't have to write a thesis on why the passenger LIN connection is not needed. lol...
Sponsored

OP
OP
blacklightning.fk8

blacklightning.fk8

First Name
Gilles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatch Type R
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Awesome dude. I'm glad I didn't have to write a thesis on why the passenger LIN connection is not needed. lol...
Horrible how it seems like it is needed :doh: I couldn't of done it without you!
I should of recorded the look on my face when it started making a noise and opening lol
Now I just need to run the wires properly and tidy the wires and i'll post some pictures!

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Horrible how it seems like it is needed :doh: I couldn't of done it without you!
I should of recorded the look on my face when it started making a noise and opening lol
Now I just need to run the wires properly and tidy the wires and i'll post some pictures!
I know exactly how you felt. It's like seeing "Hello World" printed on the screen the first time after 2 evenings of trying. Take that and multiplied by 1 million and that's probably how Edison felt!

I hope you enjoy your car. :thumbsup:

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
@bikejog DUDE!! I got it working!!!
I wired the white wire from the sunroof harness to the passenger side power window switch and it opened!!
My sunroof works!!
I've been following this saga since the first post, and while I admittedly don't really understand the electrical talk - I'm happy to see that you and @bikejog figured it out in the end. How many CTR owners can say they have a functioning OEM power sunroof? Good stuff, man. I still want to know more about the car, and how it came to be...though it sounds like you don't have a whole lot of insight into its history

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've been following this saga since the first post, and while I admittedly don't really understand the electrical talk - I'm happy to see that you and @bikejog figured it out in the end. How many CTR owners can say they have a functioning OEM power sunroof? Good stuff, man. I still want to know more about the car, and how it came to be...though it sounds like you don't have a whole lot of insight into its history
I think @blacklightning.fk8 would have figure it out himself if he had the schematic to start with. I didn't want to get in trouble with the copyright police by sending him the schematic. That's why I drew my own diagrams.

But good job @blacklightning.fk8. Now I'm jealous. If Honda put a roof and 19" wheels in the Type-R, I'd def be rocking in a CTR instead of the Si. :cool:

OP
OP
blacklightning.fk8

blacklightning.fk8

First Name
Gilles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I do have a little bit of information on the car but nothing interesting really..
I've only seen 1 other CTR with a sunroof posted on this forum but wasn't an OEM one.

OP
OP
blacklightning.fk8

blacklightning.fk8

First Name
Gilles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think @blacklightning.fk8 would have figure it out himself if he had the schematic to start with. I didn't want to get in trouble with the copyright police by sending him the schematic. That's why I drew my own diagrams.

But good job @blacklightning.fk8. Now I'm jealous. If Honda put a roof and 19" wheels in the Type-R, I'd def be rocking in a CTR instead of the Si. :cool:
I might of figured it out eventually but it would of took me 10x longer lol
Your diagrams were impressive and made all the diffrrence..
Car came with aftermarket 18s and the stock 20s so i'm happy lol

Semper Fi FK8

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
Type R doesn't come with a sunroof so it doesn't have a sunroof fuse in the panel..
Basically that is what i'm trying to do, I am more than capable of running a fused power cable to where ever needs power, just need to find out where.
Perhaps you could fuseable link directly into the 12v overhead map lights.. Js.
I love moon roofs! ??

OP
OP
blacklightning.fk8

blacklightning.fk8

First Name
Gilles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Perhaps you could fuseable link directly into the 12v overhead map lights.. Js.
I love moon roofs! ??
I ended up running a fuse tap from the fuse box to the moonroof.
Ended behind a can bus signal issue, had to tap in my door switches so it would know how to operate.

tonton81

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring 1.5L Turbo
Country flag
the sunroof is not canbus, it is LIN bus. the master LIN is actually the PWMICU on driver door. Repairing the wire (which meant it was broken somewhere) of the sunroof you can pass it to either front doors window switches, they're all in parallel. As for fuses? the sunroof has constant fused power, the circuitry goes to sleep when the BCAN deems it necessary, but power remains constant. You can, if you wanted, have window and sunroof control with car off. I do this for roll up or down support remotely on fob.
Sponsored