First Name
Kostas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch 1.5 Sport Plus
Country flag
Hello guys,
I'm striving to figure out how the HU sets the crossover frequencies of the amp. And hopefully (very optimistic) to manage changing them.
Cause other than that and the low wattage, the amp is quite decent and flat.
The only difference between US and EUR models (as far as I know) is the subwoofer output. And this could be the key to my search.
It would be highly appreciated if someone could send me the folder (and files included) named "AK7738" from a US or Canada premium audio.
In the photo you can see the path.

Honda Civic 10th gen [Help needed] Files from US/Can premium HU 20201117_143811(1)
Sponsored

Last edited:

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
My HU isn't rooted so I couldn't help you, but could you post that file and I'll see if I can make anything out of it? And could you also post the ls list of that directory?

btw. did you use the free diy hondahack or did you had to pay for autohack? I tried casually getting developer mode one time, but had trouble entering the password being mines a 2020. It wasn't a priority for me at the time. Is yours a 2020 and what's the password?

OP
OP
kostas

kostas

First Name
Kostas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My HU isn't rooted so I couldn't help you, but could you post that file and I'll see if I can make anything out of it? And could you also post the ls list of that directory?

btw. did you use the free diy hondahack or did you had to pay for autohack? I tried casually getting developer mode one time, but had trouble entering the password being mines a 2020. It wasn't a priority for me at the time. Is yours a 2020 and what's the password?
Hmmm.. Password? If I got what u mean, there is a utube video.. Its a combination of choices. Cant remember something more at the moment.
I paid for the autohack (too vital this HU to experiment).
I can post a photo with the content of the folder, if that's enough.
Mine is 2019 but still without volume knob (came with the 2020 in the European edition).

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hmmm.. Password? If I got what u mean, there is a utube video.. Its a combination of choices. Cant remember something more at the moment.
I paid for the autohack (too vital this HU to experiment).
I can post a photo with the content of the folder, if that's enough.
Mine is 2019 but still without volume knob (came with the 2020 in the European edition).
I guess passcord is what Honda call it. I tried a couple of times before and couldn't get into Developer Mode. I think I had to be superfast with the button presses or something. But I didn't have any need to hack it so I stopped trying.

It's ok if you're not comfortable posting that file. What size is that file? Maybe best if you don't post the file since it might have personal info in there.

OP
OP
kostas

kostas

First Name
Kostas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It's ok if you're not comfortable posting that file. What size is that file? Maybe best if you don't post the file since it might have personal info in there.
No problem at all! There are no personal info in there. It's the settings for the dsp of the HU. I have a hunch that from those settings can also eliminate the echo on HF calls....

What do you mean ls list?
It's a folder and in there a few files with settings. Can be viewed even with notepad. But they are way too long to post them here.

OP
OP
kostas

kostas

First Name
Kostas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ok. Here are the files from a European civic.

I just hope for the US from anyone....

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No problem at all! There are no personal info in there. It's the settings for the dsp of the HU. I have a hunch that from those settings can also eliminate the echo on HF calls....

What do you mean ls list?
It's a folder and in there a few files with settings. Can be viewed even with notepad. But they are way too long to post them here.
'ls' is the Linux command for listing files names. I guess you won't need to use that command if you're using a GUI file manager. I see you posted the file list on a google drive that requires a password. I won't have access to that file. But don't bother to make it public if it's too much trouble. I don't want you to expose your google account by mistake. I might root my HU at a later time.

Anyway googling AK7738 got the following. It's listed as for Wifi? And following user 'Cash Traylor''s posting history, it looks like he has the touch system without the external amplifier? Because he installed DSP Flat in his system and I believe DSP Flat doesn't work with the external amp? So I'm wondering if the AK7738 is only used on systems without the external amp?

https://www.insideevsforum.com/comm...gles-and-grins-the-tablet-way-tech-post.8495/
https://www.insideevsforum.com/comm...to-anc-that-is-the-question….8436/#post-95895

OP
OP
kostas

kostas

First Name
Kostas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I see you posted the file list on a google drive that requires a password. I won't have access to that file.
I'll upload it to a non personal place. Maybe you're right.

It's possible the HU's dsp to not play any role to the amp's outputs.
I'm searching also the amp's ICs. But I doubt they can be reset.