garym0510

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX with Sensing
Country flag
Hello all, first post on here I have read everyone's previous posts. Did not really see anyone who did it the way I did. So here it is Changed all four brakes today.. Front went smoothly as expected. Now the rear the problem. So I take apart the rear use the little cube piston turner that you can purchase at autozone or advanced auto. Had the parking break engaged when i did the front so i disengaged before starting the rear. Proceeded to change the rear put everything back together did not know of the issues with retracting the parking brake. But like I said eveything came apart and back together smoothly. Problem is now of course eletronic parking break failure the brake light flashes while driving but the e brake still engages. have not tried the brake hold. I guess my question is do i need to buy this thing off amazon to put the brakes in maintenance mode and retract the brake even though i have already changed the brakes can i do it without tearing it all back apart? I just don't no I have always done my own brakes but nothing this new and was obviously clueless to the electronic brake system but as stated the disassembly and re assembly went well..

Honda Civic 10th gen Help Needed! Electronic Parking Brake Screenshot_20200513-225129_Gallery

Honda Civic 10th gen Help Needed! Electronic Parking Brake Screenshot_20200513-225123_Gallery

Honda Civic 10th gen Help Needed! Electronic Parking Brake Screenshot_20200513-225121_Gallery

xmercyrisingx

First Name
Mercy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic lx 2.0 K20c2
Country flag
Hello all, first post on here I have read everyone's previous posts. Did not really see anyone who did it the way I did. So here it is Changed all four brakes today.. Front went smoothly as expected. Now the rear the problem. So I take apart the rear use the little cube piston turner that you can purchase at autozone or advanced auto. Had the parking break engaged when i did the front so i disengaged before starting the rear. Proceeded to change the rear put everything back together did not know of the issues with retracting the parking brake. But like I said eveything came apart and back together smoothly. Problem is now of course eletronic parking break failure the brake light flashes while driving but the e brake still engages. have not tried the brake hold. I guess my question is do i need to buy this thing off amazon to put the brakes in maintenance mode and retract the brake even though i have already changed the brakes can i do it without tearing it all back apart? I just don't no I have always done my own brakes but nothing this new and was obviously clueless to the electronic brake system but as stated the disassembly and re assembly went well..

Screenshot_20200513-225129_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200513-225123_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200513-225121_Gallery.jpg
You did the procedure wrong u have to thread in the piston till it stops then put it back together. Have fun lol