2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag

bushido69

First Name
Hiro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Type R, 2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT, 2002 Lexus ES300
Country flag
I don't have a garage for the car, so I don't have a choice but to park it outside. I immediately purchased this from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0863GGMY1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I am having doubts about the fitment, but Amazon says this will fit the Type R.....
I need help finding a good all weather protection outdoor cover.
I know some forum members have purchased oem covers designed specifically for the R. With the above Amazon one, u might have issues with the rear wing. I would recommend Covercraft. Had one of those back in the day for my 95 GS-R. Fit like a glove and never scratched.

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
is it on the street or in the driveway? what about a canopy so it's touchless?

OP
OP
Byron Sexton

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
is it on the street or in the driveway? what about a canopy so it's touchless?
It's on the street on a parking spot

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Others have mentioned and I'll echo - car covers are long term / low wind storage options. If you put it on the car in the street - couple things -

- Taking it on and off will scratch the paint more than just not having one
- When the cover is dirty - and you roll it up - you get dirt all inside / all over the cover -then you drag that onto your car - oops.
- You're going to call unnecessary attention to it - if you don't get a hater with it as it is - seeing you do that may be all someone needs to be a tool to your ride
- Get a good wax and such on it - or if so inclined some ceramic coating on key bits

But the key is to just wash and wax it regularly and keep up with it to minimize wear and tear from the elements.

If you live in community with a bunch of pricks I would look into a garage or renting a garage closeby. There are even some places that rent single car spaces. I rent a space in my covered garage for my other car for $200 / month which is pretty good for dead downtown.

Good luck but I'd return the cover personally!

OP
OP
Byron Sexton

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I returned the cover lol thanks for the input

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I returned the cover lol thanks for the input
Oh I see you bought the most super delicious color you can possibly get for the car! No wonder you're scared!

lol

Wax it up bud - and most people aren't dicks on the regular I'm sure you will be fine. Super happy you got one man I've seen you posting around here for a while going back and forth on getting one. Is it everything you imagined??

Enjoy!!

OP
OP
Byron Sexton

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Oh I see you bought the most super delicious color you can possibly get for the car! No wonder you're scared!

lol

Wax it up bud - and most people aren't dicks on the regular I'm sure you will be fine. Super happy you got one man I've seen you posting around here for a while going back and forth on getting one. Is it everything you imagined??

Enjoy!!
i am loving this car!!! It's a car that wants to be driven, i know i am keeping this car for the long haul...but
Man the car sticks out like a sore thumb.....I'd see if i got PMM, but man SGP is not a normal color in my neighborhood. it is def a target.

I am more concerned about theft Wheels especially

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i am loving this car!!! It's a car that wants to be driven, i know i am keeping this car for the long haul...but
Man the car sticks out like a sore thumb.....I'd see if i got PMM, but man SGP is not a normal color in my neighborhood. it is def a target.

I am more concerned about theft Wheels especially
Good set of locks will deter - spend time on that and get an in car camera and call attention to it with a flashing light -

I think you can pull it off but yeah this car looks fantastic in this color but man it pulls looks!

I think for you -

- Skip getting tint - if the car can be looked in and there is nothing there - most move on - if heavily tinted maybe they break to take a looks see?
- Leave NOTHING in the car ever -
- Quality lock nuts - there are some that nobody is going to crack quickly - then kick it up a notch - get a second different kind and have 2 lock nuts per wheel..
- In car video recording for break in / other - front / back / side if possible

Then make cookies and shit for all your neighbors - make those friends!!

Good luck but I know why you got that color lol It's call was too strong for me too!

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
Try renting a garage from apt units in the area. If this is not your daily, then you can find somewhere farther with lower cost. Good Luck and have fun with the car, and take a good care of her!!
Sponsored