HELP: Mishimoto oil filter sandwich plate install or other method to take oil temp

Apathie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI AB
Country flag
Hi guys, I really thought I wasn’t a complete idiot but I just spent all afternoon failing to install this sand which plate. Does anyone else have this installer and can give me some advice?

I installed it like shown, with the D oring flat sound out and in. Both times it dumped tons of oil when I started the engine. Like half the oil in the <10 seconds I had it run. I feel like the mounting bolt was tight enough, and the filter itself didn’t leak. It looked like the leak appeared at the top O ring on the plate.

The VDO sender does not have thread tape on it as directed, it’s in very tight.

Anyone know what to do? Or another way to measure oil temp? I already have the gauge pod installed and wired and all this money tied up in it already.

Honda Civic 10th gen HELP: Mishimoto oil filter sandwich plate install or other method to take oil temp A45984CD-64BD-4E86-B276-401848CC0183
Sponsored

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Are these two ports plugged?

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport 2.0L, 1998 Civic LX D16-MiniMe
Country flag
I been liking my GlowShift sandwich plate on my 6th Gen.. seems decently well made, no leaks yet and use it for sensors as well.

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport 2.0L, 1998 Civic LX D16-MiniMe
Country flag
Oof.. I just remembered something.. sometimes some of sandwich plates (not always brand specific) only stay sealed until it heats up a few times, had to find a washer the right size, and install it between the plate and threaded oil filter extension to get a better tightening.. I eventually replaced it with a better one (GlowShift)
Sponsored