Help me understand BBG and Advanced VSA (with a CVT)

NewCivicRs

First Name
CIVIC.FK4
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo RS
Country flag
Pretty sure it says his name is Mitch right in the profile.
Excuse me JR, is there a new update for asian model civic non si for BBG and CVT Temp Monitor? If not yet, when will it be? I have tried updating the software for the last few months/weeks but still no updates, been a year with it.

I am satisfied so far with Ktuner but need BBG soon, tires spin at WOT at low speed, don't want to blow the CVT ?

NewCivicRs

First Name
CIVIC.FK4
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo RS
Country flag
Certain ECUs have received tuning options only and no custom coded features. They may be added in the future.
I found a sedan FC1, made in the same factory as mine (Thailand), he just bought Ktuner and found BBG available for his car's ecu, how could be? Any solution for me?
We both got handled by the same tuner. The tuner helped the FC1 out but said there is nothing he can do for me until BBG is added on my ecu, and told me to be patient at low speed and WOT only at mid speed. ?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Mitch @gtman do you have instagram? Mind if I follow you? ?
No Instagram for me. Not my thing.

I am satisfied so far with Ktuner but need BBG soon, tires spin at WOT at low speed, don't want to blow the CVT ?
BBG is great but for now you could consider getting better tires and maybe use less aggressive ramp and part throttle turbo settings (if you're using a KTuner Starter tune).

Edit: Someone tuned the car for you? What he said is true though. WOT from a roll is a smarter way to do it.

Last edited:

NewCivicRs

First Name
CIVIC.FK4
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo RS
Country flag
No Instagram for me. Not my thing.

BBG is great but for now you could consider getting better tires and maybe use less aggressive ramp and part throttle turbo settings (if you're using a KTuner Starter tune).

Edit: Someone tuned the car for you?
Yes it got tuned profesionally. I went to his settings and check for them, he gives me Turbo Target Ramp Rate at Aggresive 1, and 19.5 Psi. Other options seem mild to medium, no high level.
He said not to remove catless dp first and use the stock one because will be too loud because I am using HKS Racing Muffler and too much low end torque, considering now I have PRL IC that already add some gain at low end and more 15+-nm at peak.

There is already one non Si sport hatch same model 2020 as mine with catless dp fp, intake, prl intercooler and ktuner that blown away recently few weeks ago, no BBG available for him too. CVT dead right after stop at traffic light. It happens when the car drove by his family, maybe the driver abused it or what dont know.

Last edited:

NewCivicRs

First Name
CIVIC.FK4
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo RS
Country flag
Please JR @KTuner add BBG soon as possible as you can, I know you are busy but for the sake of CVT life, please do it. Will save tons of CVT. thank you in advance. ?

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
I found a sedan FC1, made in the same factory as mine (Thailand), he just bought Ktuner and found BBG available for his car's ecu, how could be? Any solution for me?
We both got handled by the same tuner. The tuner helped the FC1 out but said there is nothing he can do for me until BBG is added on my ecu, and told me to be patient at low speed and WOT only at mid speed. ?
Different software versions

NewCivicRs

First Name
CIVIC.FK4
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo RS
Country flag
Different software versions
Please add BBG soon to asian hatch model. Please do it soon, don't wait for a call of large demand. Once again, for the sake of CVT.

Thanks, Thanks, Thanks.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Please add BBG soon to asian hatch model. Please do it soon, don't wait for a call of large demand. Once again, for the sake of CVT.

Thanks, Thanks, Thanks.
He's trying to tell you at some point he'll do his best to get to it. In the meantime, get better tires. Don't use early spool. Use non aggressive ramp and part throttle turbo responsiveness settings and only go WOT from a roll. This will put less stress on the CVT since this is your main goal.

NewCivicRs

First Name
CIVIC.FK4
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo RS
Country flag
He's trying to tell you at some point he'll do his best to get to it. In the meantime, get better tires. Don't use early spool. Use non aggressive ramp and part throttle turbo responsiveness settings and only go WOT from a roll. This will put less stress on the CVT since this is your main goal.
Yes I got the point. I really really hope he will add BBG very soon, as quick as possible if I have to beg on him because it's crucial.

Maybe I will decrease ramp target to improved 1 or 2 and ask my tuner to set boost table at higher. At least that's what he can still do and will get better tires. If there is still lot of spins, will back to factory ramp rate.

What tires and sizes do you have right now bro? @gtman ? Planning on PS4 or Advan Neova 235/40R18 sounds good enough?
Sponsored