Help me! Should I buy this 2016 touring sedan?

mgs2021

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX Sedan
Country flag
Hey everyone, I’m new here so my apologies in advance if I’m posting this in the wrong category or area within the forum. My name is Mark, I’m a new-ish Honda fan/owner. I think they are awesome cars...that being said, I need some advice!

I currently lease a civic ex sedan and am in the process of selling it for a small profit (crazy how high car values AND home values are right now!) I’m trying to minimize my expenses since I now work from home & don’t need a new car every 3 years.

I longed for a touring after settling on the ex. I think it’s as nice as that small Acura (or nicer) in all honesty. Anyway, I found this 2016 touring in the exact color I want for an amazing price. One owner, no accidents. Only problem is, it has 105k miles. It’s very well maintained and from looking at the carfax it was purchased at my local Honda dealer, serviced there, and traded back in there. No accidents.

I have it for an overnight test drive. Very clean car drives very well. I feel like it’s a good deal but I dunno. The out-the-door price, including tax, a 3 year/36k mile warranty with 100 deductible accepted nationwide, and gap insurance = 16k. This is about 8k less expensive than buying a touring with fewer miles, albeit still out of warranty. Very similar payments only 30 dollars less for this 2016 touring but it’s mine & I don’t have to waste 2.5 years of lease payments before buying a car.

not knowing much about the 1.5L civics or reliability/things to look out for, what advice can you guys give a newbie? Should I run away from this deal? I think it makes sense especially since I take very good care of my cars & always have.
Sorry this was so long. Let me know your thoughts good bad or indifferent I appreciate anything you have!
Sponsored

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you wait another year after parts shortages are resolved, used car prices will drop back to sane levels. If you must have the car, I'd look for a '17 Touring as 2016 was the first model year. The only concern is with undercarriage corrosion if driven in snow. Raise the car up and inspect the bottom before buying a used one. Good luck!