Votes: 7 25.0%

• Total voters

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I need help picking which tire I should get. If anyone has insight on why a tire is great or why a tire is awful that also helps. Uniroyal really has my attention since the price is similar to the G-max and it's supposed to be both backed my michelin and a brand new UHP tire, but also i keep hearing to avoid that brand, so any insight is helpful.
Sponsored

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I put the G-max on when I changed to 18' wheels( around 3k miles). They perform well and have a 50k mile warranty. However, there is a pretty good bit of road noise. I'm not sure if a different tire would be any quieter, or if it's just a combination of the low profile tire and the crappy insulation of the car itself.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Out of those, Id say the General G-Max AS-05.

Deezy, a couple things you need to keep in mind. You went from the stock, softer riding Grand Touring all season to a wider Ultra High Performance all season. And you went from a 55 profile to a 40 profile tire. Plus, you went from a narrower 16" wheel the a wider 18" one. Ride quality and noise will suffer but handling is worlds better. It's a tradeoff.

BoxsterSteve

still plays with cars...
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Porsche Boxster S, 2018 Civic Touring sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Aaack!
Another tire thread!
Couldn’t feel any of your choices.
I’ve always been partial to Michelin.
I’ve got Pilot Super Sports on my Nazi go-kart.
They stick like shit to a blanket.

OP
OP
arsh88

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Aaack!
Another tire thread!
Couldn’t feel any of your choices.
I’ve always been partial to Michelin.
I’ve got Pilot Super Sports on my Nazi go-kart.
They stick like shit to a blanket.
yeah I do feel bad for posting, we just don't seem to have an official tire info thread in the same way that we have the aftermarket wheel one. Maybe it's something we could get started with actual real feedback and reviews on the ones people are using.

CosmicX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civix LX 6M
Country flag
Your in Minnesota. Do you run all season tires, or dedicated winters, something else in the summer?
I have Cooper RS3-G1 UHP AS tires, and they grip great on wet/dry. Snow was sort of meh. Awesome handling though.

OP
OP
arsh88

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Your in Minnesota. Do you run all season tires, or dedicated winters, something else in the summer?
I have Cooper RS3-G1 UHP AS tires, and they grip great on wet/dry. Snow was sort of meh. Awesome handling though.
I want to run UHP all seasons for spring - fall and then i'll be getting dedicated winters to go on my stock wheels for next winter. I'm sure i could do summers but since MN weather is wonky AF having all seasons for the random day mother nature tells us to eff off is ideal lol.

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I want to run UHP all seasons for spring - fall and then i'll be getting dedicated winters to go on my stock wheels for next winter. I'm sure i could do summers but since MN weather is wonky AF having all seasons for the random day mother nature tells us to eff off is ideal lol.
I run summers almost all year round because I don't get much snow if any in the Northwest, just a bunch of rain all year round. I just slow down during the rainy and cold seasons, I like that most summer tires tend to be a bit quieter and give you much more confidence in grip. When I did run all seasons, I really liked the Cooper RS3-As, they were very affordable buying from discount tire on ebay with great tread life. I've heard good things about the hankooks and advans that you mentioned though.
Sponsored