Gotrpms

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I purchased a used black 2019 type r with about 12,000 miles in July and unfortunately it was totaled last week. An idiot in an F150 pulled directly in front of me while I was going 70. This car was stock.

Yesterday I picked up a white 2019 type r and there are some differences in how they drive and sounds. Plus there is evidence of mods that have been removed and espelir lowering springs still installed. The was an awe sticker under the hood and the maf wire was run under the stock air box, so I suspect exhaust and an intake.

The new type r feels mushy and kind of floaty in all drive modes. It just doesn’t feel as sharp as I remember the old one. Can this be attributed to the springs? I plan on reverting to stock, anything specifically I should look for during that job?

The second issue is the car pulls slightly to the left under heavy acceleration. The steering wheel is also angled slightly to that side. So I suspect that I just need an alignment. Any thoughts?
Sponsored

Masmackles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Was this the only available vehicle? What did your insurance do?

I'm in Canada so insurance is a bit different. Did you have any kind of new vehicle protection on your policy? Ie if accident happens within x amount of years you receive a new make/model year.

If you were paid out on your own then their is likely nothing you can do other than ask dealer if they knew about mods.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Could you be running in coilovers with cancellors?
Probably needs an alignment?

Candyblueta

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 BB CTR, '01 PY ITR, '17 R8 Plus, '15 M4 700+hp, '15 Sprintex S/C CR-Z, '20 Ram 1500 Longhorn, '71 C10 Restored, '01 BMW Wagon, '02 CETA WS6, & some bikes!
Country flag
I would try getting in alignment first. You’d be surprised how badly a poor alignment can affect driving characteristics.

OP
OP
Gotrpms

Gotrpms

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Thanks, that was my first thought. I assume that if the active dampers were malfunctioning I would get a error light.
I have also read about recalibration of the dampers when lowered, how is this done.

GraphiteAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I don't think there's any method to "recalibrate" the dampers.
What spring does it have? Are you sure it's not coilovers?

OP
OP
Gotrpms

Gotrpms

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I don't think there's any method to "recalibrate" the dampers.
What spring does it have? Are you sure it's not coilovers?
Yes it has espeilr springs and stock dampers.

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
I have a 19 and mine feels perfect only soft ride is in soft mode maybe those lowing springs are killing the shocks
Sponsored