Country flag
Turbo would be a waste on you then ;)

l0p3s22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta GLI Autobahn
Country flag
Get the turbo. I started out saying I don't need the turbo and that I would just go with the ex. After test driving both I'm really glad I gave the ex-t a chance. I would have regretted not paying the extra 1k for the turbo.

Milo & Miles

Is there anything that won't fit into this car?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch
Putting my bias of Civic>Accord aside, I'd say EX-T.

The turbo is too fun. Accidentally fun in your case ;) and your granny driving will send you laughing all the way to the bank with the gas you'll save.

But more importantly, Civic > Accord :p

redstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-T, 2019 CR-V EX-L
Country flag
I drive like a little old lady :)
We traded in our 2015 Accord EX-L for a 2016 Civic Touring. Overall, I think the Civic is a much better car. It's almost as big inside as the Accord (basically an inch less rear legroom and .8 cu ft less trunk), gas mileage is way better, and I find it is much more fun to drive. An EX-T with sensing is still less than an LX Accord. Plus you would have to go up to an Accord EX to get a lot of the features that the Civic EX-T has.

OP
OP

NHBFAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota RAV4
We traded in our 2015 Accord EX-L for a 2016 Civic Touring. Overall, I think the Civic is a much better car. It's almost as big inside as the Accord (basically an inch less rear legroom and .8 cu ft less trunk), gas mileage is way better, and I find it is much more fun to drive. An EX-T with sensing is still less than an LX Accord. Plus you would have to go up to an Accord EX to get a lot of the features that the Civic EX-T has.

LX Accord may have a higher. MSRP but easier to make a deal. They go for <$22k.

Just thought the larger heavier Accord would ride quieter and have better visibility.

redstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-T, 2019 CR-V EX-L
Country flag
LX Accord may have a higher. MSRP but easier to make a deal. They go for <$22k.

Just thought the larger heavier Accord would ride quieter and have better visibility.
For sure, but depends on where you live. Not really any competition in my area so if you want a Honda, there's not much discount. Though my friends at the dealer have told me the Civic really cuts into Accord sales. The Civic is for sure in much higher demand. Still though, you get Accord EX level equipment for an Accord LX (msrp anyway) price. After driving both though, I find Civic a much better car. It's chassis is quieter and much more solid. I liked the Accord, but the Civic feels better built. After having both, I'd take the EX-T even if it was $1000 more than the Accord LX.

OP
OP

NHBFAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota RAV4
For sure, but depends on where you live. Not really any competition in my area so if you want a Honda, there's not much discount. Though my friends at the dealer have told me the Civic really cuts into Accord sales. The Civic is for sure in much higher demand. Still though, you get Accord EX level equipment for an Accord LX (msrp anyway) price. After driving both though, I find Civic a much better car. It's chassis is quieter and much more solid. I liked the Accord, but the Civic feels better built. After having both, I'd take the EX-T even if it was $1000 more than the Accord LX.
Thanks for that reply.

Agreed the gap between the Accord and Civic has closed.

I'm just considering the relative value at present.

The Accord is going to have to up its game to compete with the Civic and the 2018 Camry. But of course the next gen Accord LX will likely be considerably more $$$ than the EX-T.

tsupersonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback EX-L, '17 Forester XT
Country flag
I have a Hatch EX-L and got a brand new 2017 Accord LX (has 3k miles) as a loaner today (servicing my older Civic). I expected the Accord to be more refined and quieter, but it's really not that much quieter. It does have good pickup on power, but I sure did miss my heated seats, smartkey system, instrumentation cluster, and leather wrapped steering wheel. The Accord is otherwise nice, it's pretty damn spacious, and it looks great. If I had to choose, it'd come down to space. If you don't need the Accord's space, I'd go with the Civic EX-T.

OP
OP

NHBFAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota RAV4
I have a Hatch EX-L and got a brand new 2017 Accord LX (has 3k miles) as a loaner today (servicing my older Civic). I expected the Accord to be more refined and quieter, but it's really not that much quieter. It does have good pickup on power, but I sure did miss my heated seats, smartkey system, instrumentation cluster, and leather wrapped steering wheel. The Accord is otherwise nice, it's pretty damn spacious, and it looks great. If I had to choose, it'd come down to space. If you don't need the Accord's space, I'd go with the Civic EX-T.
I'm guessing by space you're talking about interior headroom, leg room, etc ... as the hatch has much more overall space.

No, in addition to driving like a senior citizen I'm also short in statue (5'8").

Does the Accord offer superior visibility?

tsupersonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback EX-L, '17 Forester XT
Country flag
I'm guessing by space you're talking about interior headroom, leg room, etc ... as the hatch has much more overall space.

No, in addition to driving like a senior citizen I'm also short in statue (5'8").

Does the Accord offer superior visibility?
Sorry, I wasn't comparing the Civic Hatch to the Accord in terms of space (I just meant the Accord as a sedan is a pretty spacious car). Just FYI - I haven't driven the Civic sedan; I've just been inside during an auto show, but that's about it.

I'm about the same height, and the Hatch/Accord both offer good visibility.

Both are great choices. I'd recommend test driving both cars to see which you like more. Good luck!

OP
OP

NHBFAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota RAV4
Not too much justification for the EX sedan.

Down to EX-T or Accord LX.
Sponsored