Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not on my 2020 TypeR with stock downpipe. Don't believe everything you read on the internet.
Oh right on, I have catless DP on mine. Wasn't read on the internet I asked the owner of a performance shop because I was going to buy a R400.
Sponsored

OP
OP
izzyC-EX

izzyC-EX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' BBP Type-R/20'MX-5, Recaro, Brembo, Bose/19' GLC63 Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What are the main differences (sound-wise) between the HKS Legamax and the HKS Hi-Power Spec L?

*I do much prefer the look of the Spec-L.
I agree, the spec-l does look nicer and more aggressive but maybe its too loud for my taste and california law.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
What are the main differences (sound-wise) between the HKS Legamax and the HKS Hi-Power Spec L?

*I do much prefer the look of the Spec-L.
I agree, the spec-l does look nicer and more aggressive but maybe its too loud for my taste and california law.
The Spec-L is a 2.5ā€ (if memory serves) while the Legamax is a 2.75ā€ (again, if memory serves). The Spec-L is rated for up to 400 HP while the Legamax as 500+ I think. That said, the other major thing with the Spec-L is that it is much lighter (the ā€˜Lā€™ in Spec-L is for light) than the Legamax. That said, the Legamax is supposed to be louder than the Spec-L.

ATM

First Name
ATM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
If Iā€™m on a budget GReddy DDR
If Iā€™m ballinā€™, Ark D-TS

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not on my 2020 TypeR with stock downpipe. Don't believe everything you read on the internet.
I personally just rode in two cars a couple weeks back. One had the R400 and the other J's racing street legal. Too me both had drone and were too loud for me. But the J's was better sounding, quieter, and more tolerable in my opinion. I decided to swap back to stock for now and ditch my Borla Atak as all were too loud for me. At least with the Atak I had 3 different sounds to choose from, the quietest being not so bad on the ears. I think my ears are just way too sensitive these days.
Glad you picked an exhaust OP. Hope the HKS is the sound you are looking for.

OP
OP
izzyC-EX

izzyC-EX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So far, out of stock for the HKS Legamax. Im currently in a limbo again going back and fort in my head. lol

OP
OP
izzyC-EX

izzyC-EX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had the R400. The no drone with stock DP is an absolute lie. It was very loud, then put an aftermarket DP on and it became almost unbearable for anyone but me in the car. On long drives, it became unbearable for me too because the worst drone just happens to be highway cruising speed.
A lot of different opinions. I am staying away from Invidia. I prefer the design of the HKS.

MarcusgibbS

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8 2000 EM1
Country flag
Thermal r&d is pretty sweet with a stock cat. I donā€™t think anything will sound that great on this motor with catless dp. Just too loud

OP
OP
izzyC-EX

izzyC-EX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well, found a HKS Spec L in stock. I was surprise that this is actually a tad quieter than the Legamax. Crossing fingers.

RehabJP

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stoneautotech.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Havent tried it yet but if your looking for affordable I got a Borla Cat back for my 2020 Si for like $600 bucks on Hoonigans (Carcaine)store. Will post review when I have it installed.

OP
OP
izzyC-EX

izzyC-EX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Havent tried it yet but if your looking for affordable I got a Borla Cat back for my 2020 Si for like $600 bucks on Hoonigans (Carcaine)store. Will post review when I have it installed.
Was looking for Type R but Thanks

ToofHurts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
I would recommend to look in a DP + FP first and see how it sounds then. At least a DP + FP will actually produce HP / Tq (more with a tune).
Sponsored