AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
yeah, they're the regular street summer toyos...they're okay. I wish I had went with a more aggressive tire like the r888r. I had to get some hub rings though...I could feel vibration at times and made me nervous lol
Like hub-centric rings for the wheels?
I'd love some R888R but I'm afraid I'd use all of their tread over a summer. 100 treadwear vs. 300 from the super sports. I daily mine so I'd prefer a longer lasting tire over absolute performance. Still a pretty good comprise. The ps a/s3+ I've been running grip exceptionally well through corners wet or dry for all seasons, it's just their traction on low speed WOT hits are a bit... Spinny lol
Sponsored

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Like hub-centric rings for the wheels?
I'd love some R888R but I'm afraid I'd use all of their tread over a summer. 100 treadwear vs. 300 from the super sports. I daily mine so I'd prefer a longer lasting tire over absolute performance. Still a pretty good comprise. The ps a/s3+ I've been running grip exceptionally well through corners wet or dry for all seasons, it's just their traction on low speed WOT hits are a bit... Spinny lol
yeah, I didn't get rings with the wheels at first...so I had to order them. I could actually feel the difference lol...felt so strange without them

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
yeah, I didn't get rings with the wheels at first...so I had to order them. I could actually feel the difference lol...felt so strange without them
Lol! Wow, driving like that had to be a little unsettling. I'm always worried I'm gonna lose one or break one somehow whenever I take my wheels off

OP
OP
izzyC-EX

izzyC-EX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' BBP Type-R/20'MX-5, Recaro, Brembo, Bose/19' GLC63 Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm starting to lean towards the HKS Spec L exhaust...really like the looks of carbon fiber tips without the fujitsubo price
You make it sound like HKS is a knock-off of Fujitsubo:). I think Titanium material are overkill for exhaust and price killer too. For me HKS is JDM classic. I was amaze how this exhaust fit like a glove. No adjustments needed. It's true fitment is a tell tale of great quality product.
Cold Start Vid

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You make it sound like HKS is a knock-off of Fujitsubo:). I think Titanium material are overkill for exhaust and price killer too. For me HKS is JDM classic. I was amaze how this exhaust fit like a glove. No adjustments needed. It's true fitment is a tell tale of great quality product.
Cold Start Vid
The only thing I didn't like about that exhaust is how it looks from the rear...just stuck out too much for me. The legamax was nice, but then I do wish the legamax tips were spaced a tad bit more apart

barbapapa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R Championship White
Country flag
Haha not at all! Fujit prob economies of scale situation so they make way less than hks. Obviously titanium as well

OP
OP
izzyC-EX

izzyC-EX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' BBP Type-R/20'MX-5, Recaro, Brembo, Bose/19' GLC63 Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The only thing I didn't like about that exhaust is how it looks from the rear...just stuck out too much for me. The legamax was nice, but then I do wish the legamax tips were spaced a tad bit more apart
I was concerned about that as well. But I think it is just right. The other day I was pulling grocery bags from the trunk and I could just feel the warmth of the exhaust on my shins. Its just out enough for esthetics but still safe not to burn your skin. hehe!

Last edited:

barbapapa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R Championship White
Country flag
Cold Start Vid
it sounds so good! nice raspy tone

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have to admit though...my milltek sounded the best...just didn't care for the tips...and the exhaust itself was so freaking heavy

This was with stock cat
Sponsored