Help me build the perfect Si coupe daily driver!

OP
OP
Kingtut1994

Kingtut1994

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si coupe, 2019 Civic Hatchback EX
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
That hyper black looks good. Hmmm...might get that instead.lol Nice setup on the si btw.
Love the Hyperblack. Definitely my new favorite wheel color. Hyperblack on the hatches looks awesome imo.

Thank you! I'm a couple weeks it'll start to look more complete after I get my wheels and lowering springs on
Sponsored

OP
OP
Kingtut1994

Kingtut1994

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Update:

- CARUSE Aero flap installed
- Wing Stabilizers installed
- Brake calipers painted red for extra hp gainzz
- Chrome delete on windows

Wheels are coming in on June 27th, decided to return the Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs and exchanged them for Skunk2 lowering springs. Just because it has a little more drop, but not as much as the Eibach Sportlines or D2s.

More photos next week!

After the springs and wheels my next purchases are going to be either a KTuner, upgraded clutch or sway bars. Stay Tuned!

Honda Civic 10th gen Help me build the perfect Si coupe daily driver! PXL_20220625_012621055~2

Honda Civic 10th gen Help me build the perfect Si coupe daily driver! PXL_20220625_012141508

Xrisxrossn76

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si coupe
Country flag
Nice setup! I like the stance already. I'm not going to lower mine cuz I got 255/35 18x8.5.
Definitely get the tuner! Got it and on TSP Map 2 for months and no issue, PRL Cobra CAI, 27won T.I.P and soon 27won intercooler for this vegas heat...lol. Will post as soon as I get my wheels installed sat.

OP
OP
Kingtut1994

Kingtut1994

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Quick update:

Wheels installed (freaking love them) they'll do while I save up for Volks haha

Skunk2 springs are in! But I can't install them because I don't have the tools šŸ™ƒ just gonna get my nearest shop to install them and also do an alignment.

It's coming together!

This is about all the exterior cosmetic mods I want to do right now. Next 3 upgrades are as follows:

Performance:
- KTuner V2
- Type R retrofit clutch
- PRL Rear Motor Mount (whenever they finish development)
- front and rear sway bars

Cosmetic:
- Acuity Weighted Shift Knob
- Leather covers for the weird "carpet" pieces on the center console and door
- Maybe some carbon fiber pieces to cover the black piano key pieces on the steering wheel and shifter panel
- 27won tower strut bar

Honda Civic 10th gen Help me build the perfect Si coupe daily driver! IMG_20220701_211921_691

Honda Civic 10th gen Help me build the perfect Si coupe daily driver! IMG_20220704_214448_204

Honda Civic 10th gen Help me build the perfect Si coupe daily driver! PXL_20220702_050946880~2

OP
OP
Kingtut1994

Kingtut1994

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Nice setup! I like the stance already. I'm not going to lower mine cuz I got 255/35 18x8.5.
Definitely get the tuner! Got it and on TSP Map 2 for months and no issue, PRL Cobra CAI, 27won T.I.P and soon 27won intercooler for this vegas heat...lol. Will post as soon as I get my wheels installed sat.
Thank you! I'm going to lower mine, but only slightly. Nothing insane like the sportlines or D2, but that wheel gap is too noticable for me.

I almost forgot about an intercooler! Thanks! Utah is already getting in the mid 90s so I need to save up for that too haha

Xrisxrossn76

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si coupe
Country flag
Right now 27won is out of stock and should have intercoolers in stock August FYI. Wow, 90s isnt bad compared to 110...lol.
Yah, didn't plan on lowering cuz I was worried about rubbing buts looks good and I think I can drop it a little if I can. I really like that front bumper for year. Wonder if that can fit the 18.
One fall back on putting on my wheels that I forgot the hub centric rings. I order them and got them the next day through Amazon. I thought fitment would supply them.
Anyways, thank for your update.

Honda Civic 10th gen Help me build the perfect Si coupe daily driver! 20220704_083725

OP
OP
Kingtut1994

Kingtut1994

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Right now 27won is out of stock and should have intercoolers in stock August FYI. Wow, 90s isnt bad compared to 110...lol.
Yah, didn't plan on lowering cuz I was worried about rubbing buts looks good and I think I can drop it a little if I can. I really like that front bumper for year. Wonder if that can fit the 18.
One fall back on putting on my wheels that I forgot the hub centric rings. I order them and got them the next day through Amazon. I thought fitment would supply them.
Anyways, thank for your update.

20220704_083725.jpg
Wow, 110 is definitely much hotter! I'm going to wait anyway before I get an intercooler. I'm saving up now for a Ktuner and a Type R clutch replacement, so it'll be cooling down by the time I've added enough power to need an intercooler. I'm probably going to go with PRL, because I've jsut heard so much about it, but 27won just looks SWEET with the white lettering on a black background. We'll see!

Yeah, I thought about the rubbing, and that's why I order Eibach Prokit first because it lowers it between 0.9" and 0.7" on the coupes, which is fine, but i wanted a little more drop than that without it being too much. Skunk2 lowers it 1.25" and 1.35", which I think will be perfect without any rubbing. I'll keep updating this thread and I'll let you know!

The 2020 bumper easily fits on yours! But you don't need to get a new bumper, just order the 2020 front bumper garnishes and replace them on yours. That's the only difference besides the led fogs.

Nice! Yours looks awesome with the black wheels. Yeah, I'm in a discord server with some other civic owners and one of them told me about hub centric rings so i just got mine in yesterday.

borcth

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Quick update:

Wheels installed (freaking love them) they'll do while I save up for Volks haha

Skunk2 springs are in! But I can't install them because I don't have the tools šŸ™ƒ just gonna get my nearest shop to install them and also do an alignment.

It's coming together!

This is about all the exterior cosmetic mods I want to do right now. Next 3 upgrades are as follows:

Performance:
- KTuner V2
- Type R retrofit clutch
- PRL Rear Motor Mount (whenever they finish development)
- front and rear sway bars

Cosmetic:
- Acuity Weighted Shift Knob
- Leather covers for the weird "carpet" pieces on the center console and door
- Maybe some carbon fiber pieces to cover the black piano key pieces on the steering wheel and shifter panel
- 27won tower strut bar

IMG_20220701_211921_691.jpg

IMG_20220704_214448_204.jpg

PXL_20220702_050946880~2.jpg
Sick! o_O
Your car reminds me of mine a lot. It's interesting to see what direction pple go with their cars.

Last edited:

Los1391

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
@Kingtut1994 car is coming along nicely man! How much lighter are those wheels compared to stock? I'm assuming the car handles much better now.

OP
OP
Kingtut1994

Kingtut1994

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
@Kingtut1994 car is coming along nicely man! How much lighter are those wheels compared to stock? I'm assuming the car handles much better now.
Thank you! I'm loving it. These wheels are about 19.5lbs each, where the OEM wheels on the 2020s are around 28lbs each. So, a solid 9lbs off each! 36lbs total. Plus they're wider and the sit alot more flush so the handling is great!

OP
OP
Kingtut1994

Kingtut1994

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Nice wheel choice!! It'll look even better once those springs are in! Nice build so far - keep it up šŸ˜€
Thank you! It should be within the next week or so!

AnthonyGS

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si, 00 MIata, 03 Subaru WRX, and 22 Tahoe
Country flag
So my Si is real daily driverā€¦. My commute is 150 miles a day. Iā€™m interested in the CTR parts: shifter, rear sway, rear motor mount and front subframe brace. Anyone have the Honda part numbers for these?

Also is there any aftermarket exhaust that wonā€™t wear on me at 150 miles a day?

And for those curious, Iā€™m strongly considering Rays Gram Lights as I hate the factory wheels.

I plan to put 200k or more miles on this car. Any advice to me should reflect that, so I donā€™t think tunes or cold air kits are in my future.

OP
OP
Kingtut1994

Kingtut1994

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
So my Si is real daily driverā€¦. My commute is 150 miles a day. Iā€™m interested in the CTR parts: shifter, rear sway, rear motor mount and front subframe brace. Anyone have the Honda part numbers for these?

Also is there any aftermarket exhaust that wonā€™t wear on me at 150 miles a day?

And for those curious, Iā€™m strongly considering Rays Gram Lights as I hate the factory wheels.

I plan to put 200k or more miles on this car. Any advice to me should reflect that, so I donā€™t think tunes or cold air kits are in my future.

I don't have the part numbers, but you can look those up on hondapartsonline.com

Remark exhaust is probably your best bet. Super cheap, super low drone, nice tone when you get on it. Greddy SP is a little more expensive than the Remark, but it has almost 0 drone and it would be perfect if you don't want to lower the car

Rays are a good choice. I'm looking at them right now as we speak actually. The wheels I chose are about 10lbs lighter than stock, so that should help with some mpgs.

If you don't want a cold air intake, I'd highly recommend an aftermarket intercooler. PRL and 27won are the most commonly chosen.

Best upgrades for longevity are definitely:
- type r retrofit clutch and flywheel
- window tint/windshield cover to help keep the interior from fading and keep it cooler
- floor/trunk mats
- ceramic coating or PPF

Other than the things you've already mentioned, I can't really tell you anything else that would just help with longevity. I also plan on having my car for that long, I just want to make it a fun daily as well. That's why I have things like a Cold Air Intake, KTuner, Strut bar, Lowering springs, etc.

AnthonyGS

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si, 00 MIata, 03 Subaru WRX, and 22 Tahoe
Country flag
I don't have the part numbers, but you can look those up on hondapartsonline.com

Remark exhaust is probably your best bet. Super cheap, super low drone, nice tone when you get on it. Greddy SP is a little more expensive than the Remark, but it has almost 0 drone and it would be perfect if you don't want to lower the car

Rays are a good choice. I'm looking at them right now as we speak actually. The wheels I chose are about 10lbs lighter than stock, so that should help with some mpgs.

If you don't want a cold air intake, I'd highly recommend an aftermarket intercooler. PRL and 27won are the most commonly chosen.

Best upgrades for longevity are definitely:
- type r retrofit clutch and flywheel
- window tint/windshield cover to help keep the interior from fading and keep it cooler
- floor/trunk mats
- ceramic coating or PPF

Other than the things you've already mentioned, I can't really tell you anything else that would just help with longevity. I also plan on having my car for that long, I just want to make it a fun daily as well. That's why I have things like a Cold Air Intake, KTuner, Strut bar, Lowering springs, etc.
I already had the windows tinted! Great advice. I also did weathertech mats and the Honda trunk mat. I do need to figure out which ceramic coatings to use. I wish this were more fun, but I have a longer commute. If my commute were short, Iā€™d have looked hard at a CTR.
Sponsored