Help me build the perfect Si coupe daily driver!

OP
OP
Kingtut1994

Kingtut1994

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si coupe, 2019 Civic Hatchback EX
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
They make two kinds -slant tip and the round tips...
But follow the idea you have going and def pick that strut bar up. Its solid!!! I have it along with the brake brace, worth every penny.
If you plan on going all out on bolt ons pick up the race RMM (orange 90A) but if you arent further into your build then the street RMM is something you can grow into after you break it in. I often see people listing their Race RMM up for sale because their aspirations exceeds their build. The 70A is great. I wish I started with that instead of the 62 from Hasport.
Oh nice! I didn't know it came in a round tip. I'll have to check it out now!

Yeah, the 70A is what I was looking at. I don't plan on doing too many serious performance mods, so that should be great đź‘Ť

Thanks for the help!
Sponsored

Methane Herder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Congrats! It's a wonderful machine that Honda has delivered to us, made even more perfect with just a few mods!

• Ktuner is hands-down, the best bang-for-your buck mod! Buy it through Phearable or TSP and you get a free tune from them.
  • Lightweight wheels + sticky tires go a long way.
  • Consider a clutch upgrade (RV6 retrofit mentioned above) since you have to drop the subframe to install the front sway bar.
  • Some sort of rear motor mount (RMM) upgrade. I personally have the OE CTR RMM + Perrin inserts.
  • Intercooler upgrade
  • CAI for some cool swooshy sounds lol
  • Lowered Si's look too sexy and I love it lol
In my car, the CTR rear motor mount made such a positive difference in shifter/clutch interaction (with out any NVH increase). If I had known this when I picked up the car (new) I would have ordered one immediately.

MH

OP
OP
Kingtut1994

Kingtut1994

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
In my car, the CTR rear motor mount made such a positive difference in shifter/clutch interaction (with out any NVH increase). If I had known this when I picked up the car (new) I would have ordered one immediately.

MH
That's definitely one of my top things I'm getting first! I'm getting the 27won one

Los1391

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
You may want to try the perrin rmm inserts first, for $35 it’s worth the try I think

OP
OP
Kingtut1994

Kingtut1994

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
You may want to try the perrin rmm inserts first, for $35 it’s worth the try I think
What do the inserts do differently than just getting a new RMM?

bigf007dreams

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CBP Honda Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Alright, new question:

I was considering the MAPerformance Street Exhaust, but after doing some research, I don't really like how it's designed. It seems like it hangs low at a weird angle. I'm also trying to decide whether to go with the Eibach Pro-Kit or Sportline, I'm not sure yet, but I'm worried that either way the muffler might scrape. Plus, the quad tip design is just kinda 'meh' to me.

Anyways, after doing more research, I think I like the Greddy DDR and the Invidia r400 alot. Decent sound, some burbles, and not too much drone at highway speeds. Plus, these don't hang as low as the MAPerformance one, so lowering won't be as much of a worry.

Do any of you have the Greddy DDR or Invidia r400 and have any feedback to give me? Or does anyone recommend other exhausts? I might start with a simple muffler delete, but I'm in no rush for a new exhaust, just doing some research.

Thanks!

Edit: also, just for reference, I will NOT be getting a catless downpipe, probably ever on this car. This is just going to be a dream daily driver. Catless would be too loud for me and too much drone.
i have the Invidia R400 and i love it. I also enjoyed my PRL 3" turndown, so im extremely biased haha

Los1391

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
What do the inserts do differently than just getting a new RMM?
Well for one, it is a cheap alternative to see how you like a stiffer RMM before buying an aftermarket RMM. For $30 it is a good test run. I think for a daily the RMM insert might be good enough, but others can post their opinion.

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
Don't even consider the MAP intake. It requires a specific tune to prevent wacky fuel trims and I'm not even sure MAP has it available anymore. PRL Cobra is the people's choice. 27Won is excellent as well but not a true CAI.

Side note: When you tune, add your car to my community tuning thread. If you add it by 6/30, you're entered to win a $200 Phearable gift certificate.
Can I delete my car from the tuning thread and then add it to enter the drawing? ;):dunno::cool:

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
Awesome! Thank you! I'll add that to my list
I have the CTR shifter with Acuity centering spring, bushings and rocker arm and love it!

Chilidog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic SI coupe
Country flag
Here’s what my Si coupe daily has:

prl cold air street
Prl flex fuel kit (E30)
Prl turbo inlet
Mishimoto catch can
Mishimoto intercooler
RV6 catted downpipe
RV6 frontpipe
RV6 drop in turbo
MAPerformance 3” street exhaust
Clutchmasters stage 2 clutch
Ktuner - Phearable custom tune

various other cosmetic, strut bar, etc but as far as performance mods go, I am very happy with my car

OP
OP
Kingtut1994

Kingtut1994

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Here’s what my Si coupe daily has:

prl cold air street
Prl flex fuel kit (E30)
Prl turbo inlet
Mishimoto catch can
Mishimoto intercooler
RV6 catted downpipe
RV6 frontpipe
RV6 drop in turbo
MAPerformance 3” street exhaust
Clutchmasters stage 2 clutch
Ktuner - Phearable custom tune

various other cosmetic, strut bar, etc but as far as performance mods go, I am very happy with my car
Awesome! I'm actually considering doing a lot of that to mine. Are you on lowering springs at all? I was initially considering the MAP Street exhaust, but I decided against it because of the design. I figured where it hung lower that if I lowered my car, it would scrape on speedbumps or something similar. I love the sound of the exhaust, I just couldnt find any decent pictures or videos of how low it hung compared to other exhausts like the Greddy DDR or the Remark catback.

Chilidog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic SI coupe
Country flag
Yes!!! I have SWIFT springs, I don’t scrape at all — never have, even deep speed bumps.

Honda Civic 10th gen Help me build the perfect Si coupe daily driver! image

OP
OP
Kingtut1994

Kingtut1994

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Yes!!! I have SWIFT springs, I don’t scrape at all — never have, even deep speed bumps.

image.jpg
This is exactly the kind of photo I've been looking for. THANK YOU!

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Can I delete my car from the tuning thread and then add it to enter the drawing? ;):dunno::cool:
Actually, you haven't done a new post with updates in over 7 months. Add a new update post in the thread and you'll be entered.

Methane Herder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
That's definitely one of my top things I'm getting first! I'm getting the 27won one
FWI . I'm. Sure the 27 won product is excellent. From what I can discern from the picture on their website though, it looks like it might be stiffer than the CTR part.
I was just going to buy a new standard mount to bring things back to new. The standard one, when we took it out, had the rear bushing displaced (stretched slightly out of the aluminum housing) just from removing it.
Strikes me as a marginal part for the Si.

MH
Sponsored