help: maf scaling

CIVICUK

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport hatch 1.5 turbo manual.
Country flag
i am having trouble understanding which way you increase/decrease when maf scaling. i have attached a photo and my log so you can see where my concerns are. some areas on the log seem to be off on fuel trims and the AFR spikes in random areas.

any advice and explanations on this matter would be hugely beneficial!

cheers!
Sponsored

Attachments

OP
OP
CIVICUK

CIVICUK

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Did you watch the @caraddict videos? Part one and two? I thought they were very well done.
yes i did and i found it very useful! but the problem i am having is, after 3.8 volts in my CSV it goes to open loop (status 4 ) so i cant rely on using STFT calculation if that makes sense? so i dont know how to scale in the maf from 3.8volts upto 5volts. the only other idea i had was using the CSV and highlight all the lambda targets for that voltage and work out the mean value then work out in percentage how far away it is from my target AFR ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
CIVICUK

CIVICUK

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
thanks ktuner for that info but i guess what i am trying to ask is, say my WOT afr is dropping to 10.2 and i want it to be 11.2, do i increase the values on my maf scale to achieve a richer target?

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
The target is derived from the WOT Enrichment table. If you're running richer or leaner than the target your MAF scale would need to be adjusted appropriately.

OP
OP
CIVICUK

CIVICUK

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The target is derived from the WOT Enrichment table. If you're running richer or leaner than the target your MAF scale would need to be adjusted appropriately.
okay that makes sense thank you. so with out telling me exactly what to do, could you clarify if lean = positive and rich = negative please.

boe921

First Name
sinan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic hatchback sport+
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
okay that makes sense thank you. so with out telling me exactly what to do, could you clarify if lean = positive and rich = negative please.
Lookk this post for easy understanding

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/questions-on-afr-and-ignition-timing.34698/

As I know that European civics are running on reach afr . İf you need make custom maf you need hire professional tuner or you can try do yourself on your risk. No body will tell you do this not do this.

OP
OP
CIVICUK

CIVICUK

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Lookk this post for easy understanding

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/questions-on-afr-and-ignition-timing.34698/

As I know that European civics are running on reach afr . İf you need make custom maf you need hire professional tuner or you can try do yourself on your risk. No body will tell you do this not do this.
Thank you i actually used this link which got me onto my questions about it all, i noticed that ktuner provided a maf setting that was made for eu civics that was not targetting afr CMD at WOT so i just use this setting now and it all seems to run fine now. But thank you for the link anyway.

boe921

First Name
sinan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you i actually used this link which got me onto my questions about it all, i noticed that ktuner provided a maf setting that was made for eu civics that was not targetting afr CMD at WOT so i just use this setting now and it all seems to run fine now. But thank you for the link anyway.
where did you find maf settings for eu civics provided by ktuner. I Heard this first time . You don't mean factory maf w/ scaled top end calibration , don't you. If you mean tt my car still running Rich w/ tt one.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CIVICUK

CIVICUK

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Where did you find it settings . İ heard first time that ktuner is providing maf settings for eu civic . Don't you mean where did you find maf settings for eu civics provided by ktuner. I Heard this first time . You don't mean factory maf w/ scaled top end calibration , don't you. If you mean tt my car still running Rich w/ tt one.
yes that is the setting i am using and i too am still running rich so im going to reduce the top end a little more and run some logs to see if i can achieve the 11.2. i have re scaled the whole maf starting from 1.2 volts but i am running a custom air intake by using a street maf housing and my prl stage 1 hose with an AEM cone filter. how much rich are you running ?

boe921

First Name
sinan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yes that is the setting i am using and i too am still running rich so im going to reduce the top end a little more and run some logs to see if i can achieve the 11.2. i have re scaled the whole maf starting from 1.2 volts but i am running a custom air intake by using a street maf housing and my prl stage 1 hose with an AEM cone filter. how much rich are you running ?
3000 rpm to 35000 afr is abt 9.9 and above the 5500 rpm afr is abt 9-- .however afr is between 10 and 10.5 in the rest side of rpm range. But I never see afr cmd as 11 above 3500 rpm mostly afr cmd is 10,55 on my civic. everything seems logical but I do not understand why the afr cmd is not follow wot table. If this table will not be followed what is the purpose of this. FYI I have dropin filter cat back exhaust and intercooler w pinping.

OP
OP
CIVICUK

CIVICUK

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
3000 rpm to 35000 afr is abt 9.9 and above the 5500 rpm afr is abt 9-- .however afr is between 10 and 10.5 in the rest side of rpm range. But I never see afr cmd as 11 above 3500 rpm mostly afr cmd is 10,55 on my civic. everything seems logical but I do not understand why the afr cmd is not follow wot table. If this table will not be followed what is the purpose of this. FYI I have dropin filter cat back exhaust and intercooler w pinping.
best way i learned how to scale in my maf was to plug in my laptop and ktuner to the car and monitor MAF voltage on the screen while recording a log and try and press the acceleration pedal until my maf v was reading the voltage e.g my car idles at 1.19-1.21v so i started from 1.29v and then pressed pedal until show 1.29v or near abouts. i done this best i could on every value up to 2.5v i just sat on my drive at home stationary, then while still recording i done a drive of about 20-30mins with partial throttle and WOT throttle and then stopped recording. i then export log to CSV file and then opened it up with CSV viewer and re order the MAF v so was showing lowest to highest and scrolled down till i could see 1.21v. i then copied the STFT column of all the 1.21v and copied it into an average calculator off the internet. this gave me an average percentage of how much to + - off the g/s value on my maf scale at 1.21v and therfore adjusted the value by how much.
i amble to do this all the way up to 3.8volts and then my car goes into ' fuel status 4' so then i can no longer use the STFT values as the trim is at 0 anyway so it was a matter of just reducing the last remainding 8 maf values by 1% at a time until my afr was near the AFR CMD of 11.2 at wide open throttle. this is also what my WOT enrichment table is set to. this is just my experience and i am in no way advising you to do the same as me so seek for professional help if you are unsure what to do.
Sponsored