First Name
Amirul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T
Country flag
Hi guys,

I got my car tuned recently and was initially happy with the numbers and the response of the car.

However, 5 days after I noticed it was slowly starting to have a laggy feeling several minutes into driving. It almost feels as though the car is resisting itself from accelerating.

For example, after starting the car it’ll be responsive. Once the temps start to increase, the lag will be apparent. I stay in a tropical country (Singapore) and I see 28-32 deg celcius on a daily basis. Initially I thought it could be heat soak or boost leak. But my boost could hold at 1.5 bar with no issues and my temps are okay.

These are the mods I have to the engine:
1) HKS intercooler
2) HKS exhaust
3) PRL Cobra
4) Spoon Thermostat

Any idea what could be the issue? Thanks!
Sponsored

Stomekuttt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatch
Country flag
If you could post some data logs for people to look over, that would be helpful. If you could also tell us the time you are currently using and if you are using the PRL Race intake, that would be great.

Tac3403

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic EX-T sedan 1.5T Cvt
Country flag
definitely post up a log. My guess with no further info is that your Knock control is going very high do to high temps and possibility of bad fuel. Between heat soak and high knock control you will feel tons of power loss.

OP
OP
fc1_2033

fc1_2033

First Name
Amirul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T
Country flag
Went back to my tuner and he made some edits to my tune. Helped for a while and the car was running great. Until recently it started to act up again. Getting a bit frustrated with the car.

I'm thinking it could be hardware issue and not ktuner/software issue.

OP
OP
fc1_2033

fc1_2033

First Name
Amirul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T
Country flag
If you could post some data logs for people to look over, that would be helpful. If you could also tell us the time you are currently using and if you are using the PRL Race intake, that would be great.
I'm on Cobra street MAF.

Don't have logs with me cause I don't have access to a Windows laptop (first world problems ha ha). My bad.