First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FD
Country flag
Hello everyone
I watched few logs and recognized that in the beginning of my trip the knock control is perfect at 0.49 but slowly it climb up until it gets to 0.84-0.86 or maybe even more (drived only 40 min). Does this value is OK and why does it climb up? Knock count was only 8 and before the end of the trip jumped to 9.

Temperature: 12-15 C
Drive style: Econ mode with few times switched to +21PSI for faster acceleration. Average speed of 100 KMH
Tune: Dual 21PSI
Log file: https://www.mediafire.com/file/zmdiehc4wx7qhbe/15.01.2020_Log_Dual_21_PSI.kdlg/file

Looking forward for your reply
Sincerely
Prozento
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Alex,

Any idea how your fuel compares to US 91 or 93 octane?

OP
OP

Prozento

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FD
Country flag
Alex,

Any idea how your fuel compares to US 91 or 93 octane?
We generally have only 95 and 98 here. The only question is, are these are same raiting numbers. I am not sure. But we have only diesel, 95 and 98 on gas station here.

boibuddha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
98 RON (EUR) = 93 US
95 RON = 91 US

I would suggest using a higher quality fuel if you want to lower your knock control number.
The slow increase in Kn. Control from everyday driving points at fuel quality as the cause in higher knock values.

OP
OP

Prozento

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FD
Country flag
I will try it, but I dont think that this is the reason.
In my understanding of this theme, if the fuel was the problem, we would see the K.control at high values all the time. This is not the case. The values are 0.49 all the time and going up to 0.55 sometimes. In this specific case, without any recognizable reason, it went up from 0.55 to 0.84 in like 20 min of driving.
What are other reasons that can make this value go up?

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7,RW2,RD1,RD5,RE5,RU1,FK1,FN2,EP3
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Even if you use the same gas station, a specific gas "batch" could be problematic. Also, some gas stations have more than one tanks for the same fuel type. One tank might be in a good condition and another not. If you are happy with a specific gas station, always buy fuel from there and use the same pump. Keep monitoring

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
T
I will try it, but I dont think that this is the reason.
In my understanding of this theme, if the fuel was the problem, we would see the K.control at high values all the time. This is not the case. The values are 0.49 all the time and going up to 0.55 sometimes. In this specific case, without any recognizable reason, it went up from 0.55 to 0.84 in like 20 min of driving.
What are other reasons that can make this value go up?
Too much load, with high ECT and or IAT. That can cause knock control spikes. Also revving further than 5300 increases a bit knock control artificially.

Virhan

First Name
Virhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK4 Hatchback CVT 2017
Country flag
Hello everyone
I watched few logs and recognized that in the beginning of my trip the knock control is perfect at 0.49 but slowly it climb up until it gets to 0.84-0.86 or maybe even more (drived only 40 min). Does this value is OK and why does it climb up? Knock count was only 8 and before the end of the trip jumped to 9.

Drive style: Econ mode with few times switched to +21PSI for faster acceleration. Average speed of 100 KMH
Log file: https://www.mediafire.com/file/zmdiehc4wx7qhbe/15.01.2020_Log_Dual_21_PSI.kdlg/file

Sincerely
Prozento
It was clearly you drive in free of traffic so you could stable at 100 kph above.
ambient 12-15 Celcius, seems your engine bay room was pretty hot.

I fought a month with knock control, it's 26 Celcius here at lowest moment (I am living at equator Line city)-in average 33 Celcius. Till I got this low value of knock control (0.71 highest and 0.5 lowest) and IAT average 32 Celcius (IAT2 a little above that), beacause I run with 90 octane fuel.
what Mods you have made :
air intake
intercooler
downpipe catless without shield
or
anything else ????

you can see next comment below for what I've done to reduce as much as possible engine bay room temp.

YOURS
Honda Civic 10th gen Help: Knock control values with Log file IMG_7473

MINE
Honda Civic 10th gen Help: Knock control values with Log file IMG_7474

Virhan

First Name
Virhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK4 Hatchback CVT 2017
Country flag
MODS bolt on :
- self piping Line CAI with K&N 2.75 inch Cone air filter
- engine room hot air exhaust system (double)
- wraping
- used Type R FK 8 hood bonnet
- cone air filter shield

- local catless downpipe ORD w/out shield (hoter),later I wil ask my mechanic to put stock shield to this downpipe
- waiting for my intercooler purchased arrive (cheap China's at Alibaba) exactly same with Rev9 intercooler.

self piping Line CAI with K&N 2.75 inch Cone air filter and engine room hot air exhaust system (double)
Honda Civic 10th gen Help: Knock control values with Log file IMG_7470

wraping
Honda Civic 10th gen Help: Knock control values with Log file IMG_7468

used Type R FK 8 hood bonnet.
Honda Civic 10th gen Help: Knock control values with Log file IMG_7467

cone air filter shield
Honda Civic 10th gen Help: Knock control values with Log file IMG_7075

local catless downpipe ORD w/out shield (hoter), later I wil ask my mechanic to put stock shield to this downpipe
Honda Civic 10th gen Help: Knock control values with Log file IMG_7472

waiting for my intercooler purchased arrive (cheap China's at Alibaba) exactly same with Rev9 intercooler
Honda Civic 10th gen Help: Knock control values with Log file IMG_7485

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Oh wow, you got a famous Wenzhou Jamike intercooler! Great deal at $100 plus shipping.:eek:

Honestly, I'd feel more confident in the stock intercooler but hey that's just me.

Also, where exactly is the MAF sensor on your self piping intake setup?

Virhan

First Name
Virhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK4 Hatchback CVT 2017
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Help: Knock control values with Log file 198732C4-7DF0-484D-97D7-DD22158F5D20
Oh wow, you got a famous Wenzhou Jamike intercooler! Great deal at $100 plus shipping.:eek:

Honestly, I'd feel more confident in the stock intercooler but hey that's just me.

Also, where exactly is the MAF sensor on your self piping intake setup?
Ohh Hi @gtman .. first, i wanna say lovely city Baltimore, a year ago Oct 2018 I just landed to your city, and stay 3 days (Long journey from my country Indonesia LoL). Just realized after see your post “do I am the only one..” .

Yess $100 cheapest compare to the posts told that $200 LoL. No big deal, i need see the datalog.. if unsatisfied, will be back to stock IC, ..

MAF position similar to other aftermarket CAI, and adjustable.. I can put it away from hot source.
By the way, I also purchased another cheap china’s piping and MAF hose and waiting for delivery , for only USD 50 LoL..

Last edited:

CIVICUK

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport hatch 1.5 turbo manual.
Country flag
Hello everyone

Sincerely
Prozento
hi prozento , i had a cheeky look at your data log and i compared it to mine and i have to say that your AFR to MAF is running really consistant! do you mind me asking if you had to scale your MAF to achieve this and also the WOT enrich table also? it is always good to compare logs with another member as i can see where mine needs improving. any advice would be great

thanks,

OP
OP

Prozento

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FD
Country flag
hi prozento , i had a cheeky look at your data log and i compared it to mine and i have to say that your AFR to MAF is running really consistant! do you mind me asking if you had to scale your MAF to achieve this and also the WOT enrich table also? it is always good to compare logs with another member as i can see where mine needs improving. any advice would be great

thanks,
This was one of the first flashes I have been made so... no, there aren't any special calibrating here.
Later, I used to choose "Factory scaled calibration" on the MAF page for my tunes (Ktuner advised to use it If I run stock intake in hot areas). Another thing I am using today is IAT corrections - you can find them here:
https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/ex-t-cvt-ktuner-calibration.14482/
My K.control behavior is never changed actually - I just learned that this is OK. If you want I can send you an updated Log so you can compare. PM me if needed.
Note: Whatever you will decide, I am not sure that comparing cars is a good idea. Things like area, salt, temperature, humidity, car service, dust, oil changes or any other thing can affect the logs and you will be looking for a problem where there are no problems at all.

I can say that the tune I used in this topic wasn't the best one - today I run a fixed version of the Beta tune with all the settings and it much better for me and gives many more options.

Hope it helped

OP
OP

Prozento

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FD
Country flag
It was clearly you drive in free of traffic so you could stable at 100 kph above.
ambient 12-15 Celcius, seems your engine bay room was pretty hot.

I fought a month with knock control, it's 26 Celcius here at lowest moment (I am living at equator Line city)-in average 33 Celcius. Till I got this low value of knock control (0.71 highest and 0.5 lowest) and IAT average 32 Celcius (IAT2 a little above that), beacause I run with 90 octane fuel.
what Mods you have made :
air intake
intercooler
downpipe catless without shield
or
anything else ????

you can see next comment below for what I've done to reduce as much as possible engine bay room temp.

YOURS
IMG_7473.jpg

MINE
IMG_7474.jpg
198732C4-7DF0-484D-97D7-DD22158F5D20.jpeg

Ohh Hi @gtman .. first, i wanna say lovely city Baltimore, a year ago Oct 2018 I just landed to your city, and stay 3 days (Long journey from my country Indonesia LoL). Just realized after see your post “do I am the only one..” .

Yess $100 cheapest compare to the posts told that $200 LoL. No big deal, i need see the datalog.. if unsatisfied, will be back to stock IC, ..

MAF position similar to other aftermarket CAI, and adjustable.. I can put it away from hot source.
By the way, I also purchased another cheap china’s piping and MAF hose and waiting for delivery , for only USD 50 LoL..
At a time writing this post I did absolutely nothing for heat management. Today, well since I missed the 27won FMIC second batch I am still without any upgrades. Hope until the end of the summer to be with FMIC, new wheels and RMM.
What you did is impressing but I think for my area this will be too much. Yes, the underhood area will pass the 40C in summer for sure but with a good FMIC I hope I will get the IAT2 to the outside temperature or close to it.

Dairm

First Name
戴瑞敏
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
We generally have only 95 and 98 here. The only question is, are these are same raiting numbers. I am not sure. But we have only diesel, 95 and 98 on gas station here.
How to solve the same situation as yours? I'm from China.
Sponsored