JESFromASC

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2015 Silverado, 2007 Rabbit
Country flag
Just got a 2018 Type R and as I have for the last 10+ years, several cars and three other current ones I hooked up one of my old iPods (3rd or 4th generation shuffle style smaller with screen) and after trying two different cables and both ports I still get what I can best describe as a "skip" in playback. Sounds fine but I get random jumps almost like a momentary sync issue? Like I said --- it works in everything else! Any ideas????? Thanks
Sponsored

SDzx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X
Country flag
I had the same problem with my iPod and never found a fix. I’d like to see if this gets resolved!

skshrews

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura 2005 TSX, Honda Civic Hatchback LX 6MT 2017
Country flag
Sounds like the port-cable connection is loosening momentarily in a moving vehicle. Maybe port on old iPod getting old/corroded/needs to be cleaned?

OP
OP

JESFromASC

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah - total strike out on finding a solution for it, but...
As I drive it more if I find a solution I'll let you know.
Here is a question for you: Does your iPod contain both straight downloads and older files of CDs?
Haven't really pinned it down but it MIGHT be that the older copies of copies of copies are somehow compromised.
Almost a "refresh rate" sort of thing.

AG454

LSX454
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX 2010 Camaro SS 1991 Silverado Z71
Country flag
Did you ever find a solution for iPod skipping? My iPod classics do this from both USB ports. However, my iPhone plays music perfectly from the Carplay app.

OP
OP

JESFromASC

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Android Auto.
Downloaded the app, sorted out how to get my playlist on my phone, plug it in and it really does work!
Full control through the Honda interfaces.

AG454

LSX454
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX 2010 Camaro SS 1991 Silverado Z71
Country flag
Okay, must be a issue with the older iPods. Smartphones seem to work fine. Just have to get used to listening to a smaller library of music. Thanks

OP
OP

JESFromASC

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Okay, must be a issue with the older iPods. Smartphones seem to work fine. Just have to get used to listening to a smaller library of music. Thanks
Oh hey - sorry just to be clear I wasn't being a smart-ass. Basically the only fix was to not use an iPod. Sad, really sad but technology moves on...

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
If it's at the beginning of audio tracks - i.e. when you change tracks, you get static during the first 5 seconds or so, then the problem can be fixed by removing the album art from all your files.

I also get it sometimes when loading a large playlist and in those cases, it doesn't go away after a few seconds, or ever. When that happens, I found that hitting the audio system's power button to turn it off then back on fixes the issue.

If it's neither of those, then I don't know. I have a 4th-gen iPod Touch 32GB and those are the only two issues I have with it.
Sponsored