Help identifying this part name or issue?

DOESITITCH

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T 1.5 Turbo
Country flag
Trying to identify this leak area. I have arrows pointing at where it seems to be the source from black plastic piece. (Don’t know what this piece is or what it’s called). All the rest of the oil is spreading back from there.

To clarify the direction I took the photo was laying in back with my feet hanging out front of car with car ramps holding the car up. The “plastic” black piece I see leakage coming from that just looks like fresh clean oil leaking from it. I’m about to do an oil change and this is second time I’ve seen this. My motor oil is definitely not clean right now and the oils I’m seeing under here looks like fresh clean oil. Doesn’t make sense to me if this is oil and still so clean.. what could it be?
Honda Civic 10th gen Help identifying this part name or issue? 0E846B40-AB96-4368-B8AE-6D21E970222A
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Trying to identify this leak area. I have arrows pointing at where it seems to be the source from black plastic piece. (Don’t know what this piece is or what it’s called). All the rest of the oil is spreading back from there.

To clarify the direction I took the photo was laying in back with my feet hanging out front of car with car ramps holding the car up. The “plastic” black piece I see leakage coming from that just looks like fresh clean oil leaking from it. I’m about to do an oil change and this is second time I’ve seen this. My motor oil is definitely not clean right now and the oils I’m seeing under here looks like fresh clean oil. Doesn’t make sense to me if this is oil and still so clean.. what could it be?
0E846B40-AB96-4368-B8AE-6D21E970222A.jpeg
That's your inspection cover for the clutch. You can take it off and take a look inside. I'm guessing that you will find it to be dry in there and that your leak is coming from somewhere else, but it won't hurt to take look.

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
Check the backside of your valve cover gasket. I had this happen recently. It looked like clean oil too.
Sponsored