Da5hi30i2d

First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic ex hatchback hpf edition
Country flag
Same thing happened to me, installed new springs. I think I remember slightly dropping the axel on the control arm after I took it off and landed on the boot. Didn’t think anything of it until I saw goop on my rim. At that oem axel was 3 times the money. $160 at oRiley’. Install was a pain in the ass due the axel not wanting to come out. But with enough cuss words it will do. I’ve had for about year and half no issues
Sponsored

OP
OP
Sl33pyciv

Sl33pyciv

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic lx
Country flag
Same thing happened to me, installed new springs. I think I remember slightly dropping the axel on the control arm after I took it off and landed on the boot. Didn’t think anything of it until I saw goop on my rim. At that oem axel was 3 times the money. $160 at oRiley’. Install was a pain in the ass due the axel not wanting to come out. But with enough cuss words it will do. I’ve had for about year and half no issues
Nice to hear I’m not the only one lol. Sorry that happened to you tho. I’m gonna try to keep the axel and just swap the boot we’ll see how it goes

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Skid bolts are strong and well made , the issue come from the people who don't know how to work with them
old post but no the skid bolts are not strong... it was pretty common that they would come loose and fall out and the skid would then fall off... happened to my si but thankfully i was going slow when the bolts decided they didnt want to be in the car anymore so no damage i heard it drop at 20mph and stopped and took it out basically

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
old post but no the skid bolts are not strong... it was pretty common that they would come loose and fall out and the skid would then fall off... happened to my si but thankfully i was going slow when the bolts decided they didnt want to be in the car anymore so no damage i heard it drop at 20mph and stopped and took it out basically

It is obvious that anything can happen, a bridge can even collapse.
I don't see how skid bolts can break in normal use at all.
How do you explain losing them other than that they were improperly installed?

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It is obvious that anything can happen, a bridge can even collapse.
I don't see how skid bolts can break in normal use at all.
How do you explain losing them other than that they were improperly installed?
They don’t break exactly they rattle out because mine fell before it’s first oil change… those skid bolts just suck

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
They would have been set up wrong in the first place then.

It doesn't just fall out. Or Honda changed the model since 2018 and it's not the same quality anymore?

Because on our 2 Civics ( 2016- 2018 )in the family on which I did all the oil changes I never had a problem.

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They would have been set up wrong in the first place then.

It doesn't just fall out. Or Honda changed the model since 2018 and it's not the same quality anymore?

Because on our 2 Civics ( 2016- 2018 )in the family on which I did all the oil changes I never had a problem.
i mean congrats? but the bolts for the skid plate are these tiny little twist deals they can be put in correctly and still vibrate loose or have something hit the underside of the car and come loose its not an actual bolt or at least it wasnt for my 19 mine it was a flat head thing with two little prongs and they would spin in and lock into a tab
Sponsored