First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Mustang Gt , 03 Lightning , 17 Civic Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone have some good resolution pics of these taillights on their car? Looking to pull the trigger on some smoked ones but the pictures on the site look too reflective. Trying to get an actual visual. Thanks

HRS - 2016-20 Honda Civic Hatchback FK7 FK8 LED Tail Lights - V1
Sponsored

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My gripe with the HRS tinted lights is that the backup light was very dim so it was difficult to see at night when in reverse. But the positive was the lighting itself on all the other lights were all still very bright and no picture will ever do them justice.
I also felt it didn't match my SGP dark color well either. I then sold my set to my friend and honestly they looked so much better on my friends white car instead.
One other thing to note is that HRS lights fit super close to the body and took off paint at the edges. I'm now running a clear V1 set and those also take off paint but at least match my color car better. I'm sticking with my clear set for now but the problem with the clears that the tinted had the advantage is that the clears show all the imperfections. The tinted helps hide the internal flaws very well so they look cleaner.

Video I made with the lights when I installed them on my friends white car.

Honda Civic 10th gen Help!    -    Hirevsports taillights 20200815_172107

Honda Civic 10th gen Help!    -    Hirevsports taillights 20200611_102113

Honda Civic 10th gen Help!    -    Hirevsports taillights 20200829_191647

Honda Civic 10th gen Help!    -    Hirevsports taillights 20201108_123446

Narumi

First Name
Narumi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport, 2015 BRZ Premium, 1990 300ZX 2+2
Country flag
My gripe with the HRS tinted lights is that the backup light was very dim so it was difficult to see at night when in reverse. But the positive was the lighting itself on all the other lights were all still very bright and no picture will ever do them justice.
I also felt it didn't match my SGP dark color well either. I then sold my set to my friend and honestly they looked so much better on my friends white car instead.
One other thing to note is that HRS lights fit super close to the body and took off paint at the edges. I'm now running a clear V1 set and those also take off paint but at least match my color car better. I'm sticking with my clear set for now but the problem with the clears that the tinted had the advantage is that the clears show all the imperfections. The tinted helps hide the internal flaws very well so they look cleaner.

Video I made with the lights when I installed them on my friends white car.

20200815_172107.jpg

20200611_102113.jpg

20200829_191647.jpg

20201108_123446.jpg
Yup the sharp edges on the tail lights dig into the body. I used a cheaper product similar to this:
https://www.amazon.com/Lamin-x-Bicy...+clear+protective+tape&qid=1619252899&sr=8-31

You can actually get it butted right to the edge where the tail light comes into contact with the body and hide any evidence of the tape.

I would suggest this as a preventative solution for anyone installing this product.

BTW I agree with you and went for the clear version instead of the smoked and it revealed A LOT of imperfections (definitely something OP and possible buyers should note). I'm still in love with the tail lights and the start up procedure/dance they do; I just try not too look at them up close. LOL.

I did have to file a warranty claim after installation because the passenger cover seal was leaking, allowing water to pass into the tail light. My tail lights were not purchased through HRS, I bought them from a Ebay vendor in Hong Kong.

Honda Civic 10th gen Help!    -    Hirevsports taillights hrstailclear
Sponsored