Help: front brake guide pins top/bottom?

Ziyang

First Name
Ziyang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic ET-T MT
Country flag
Hello all,

I wonder if any of you have had a clear memory of the front brake guide pins top/bottom difference.

My model is 2017 Sedan EX-T. I painted my front brake calipers and lubricated every part today. The front brakes are more complicated than rear ones. While I kept reminding myself to take photos, I did miss the guide pins.

The top and bottom guide pins in the front caliper are different. One is fully metal, while the other one has a rubber ring at the tip.

My memory was the full metal one goes top and the rubber ring one goes bottom. However. Judging from Hondapartsnow figure, it seems I was wrong.

Honda Civic 10th gen Help: front brake guide pins top/bottom? 5FFB8341-CA6B-4148-8BC5-012E68830756

Here, the #10 part looks like the rubber ring. If so, then this guide pin should go top.

Can someone help with this confusion?

Thank you!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ziyang

Ziyang

First Name
Ziyang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic ET-T MT
Country flag
Update:

I talked to a seller and he replied that the rubber-ring pin should go top...Looks like I was wrong.

OP
OP
Ziyang

Ziyang

First Name
Ziyang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic ET-T MT
Country flag
Fully metal at the top and the rubber sleeve at the bottom.

Brake.JPG
I can find the service manual supporting your argument. However, how do you comment on the exploded parts diagram? That suggests rubber-ring pin goes top.

I did a few more search online, and it seems 50/50 for this confusion....Now I'm totally lost.

OP
OP
Ziyang

Ziyang

First Name
Ziyang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic ET-T MT
Country flag
I just lubricated the front caliper pins on my car, and I can confirm that the pins with rubber sleeves are at the bottom.
Thanks! Then my memory was also correct! Glad to confirm that.
Sponsored