First Name
Aleks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Hello guys!
Have a few general questions and I’m hoping you guys can help me out! I have a Injen cold air intake in my sedan now. I would like to get a Hondata, but I’m not sure if I should run it at +6 or plus +9. Obviously I would want to run +9 but I’m nervous about the reliability and don’t want my car to have issues at 30k. (Abnormal issues) with this intake and (eventually) hondata, that will be Most likely all the “performance” parts I will have in my car.
Sorry for the long post, to sum it all up, with a cold air intake - should I run +6 or +9 or maybe even more?
Thanks guys,
Aleks
Sponsored

0percentapr

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
You should run a custom tune if you can. If you're just running base maps it won't utilize the CAI to it's fullest extent. Idk what running a CAI would be like without being tuned for it, I heard there are still some power gains. That being said if you don't have an option you can run 9 psi and just monitor knock control and other diagnostics. I personally just set it to 6 psi without any modifications as a set it and forget it thing. Im pretty realistic and don't expect gobs of power out of a 1.5L, so I just gave it a little bit more and will tweak the suspension and call it a day.

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Everything I have read would indicate that your FIRST action would be to remove the Ingen Intake.

After that ... Hondata and other bolt ons will provide you with tons of smiles.

OP
OP

Aleks

First Name
Aleks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Haha woah a lot of Injen negativity... wish I knew that before I bought it. Now second question is. I’m looking to get the PRL RACE CAI, does the tuning (Hondata) have to be a little different to the street one? Trying to purchase both at once as amazon has a few discounts I can use :)

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Haha woah a lot of Injen negativity... wish I knew that before I bought it. Now second question is. I’m looking to get the PRL RACE CAI, does the tuning (Hondata) have to be a little different to the street one? Trying to purchase both at once as amazon has a few discounts I can use :)
The race MAF requires a different tune than the street MAF. Not sure if the included Hondata tunes include a race MAF scaling option like Ktuner does.

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
I’m looking to get the PRL RACE CAI, does the tuning (Hondata) have to be a little different to the street one? Trying to purchase both at once as amazon has a few discounts I can use :)
There is an option in Hondata calibration settings for the PRL race MAF.
Sponsored