Help. Experienced diag request. DTCs, ECU failure?

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
All I can do is cry 😭

There's TSBs about these codes on CRVs and Ridgelines... nothing on Civics.

Vehicle was involved in a collision, which triggered drivers seat belt, but no other codes known until now.

Windshield was replaced by a company who claimed, "You don't need to calibrate LKAS because we never disconnect the camera." ..... yeah, not true

Honda couldn't perform procedure due to VSA codes (and possibly ECM codes).

Battery replaced 3 months ago, however, I cannot confirm its a known good, simply assuming at this point.

Where to begin?

Help

Honda Civic 10th gen Help. Experienced diag request. DTCs, ECU failure? 20230525_113557

Attachments

OP
OP
nickname

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
Replaced CV and knuckle on dr side along with wheel sped sensor. Same year, same trim level.... yet, I made things to worse.

VSA completely inoperable
ABS inoperable

So many new codes from 1 wheel speed sensor

Albeit, it was from a salvaged civic, but the damage was in the rear.

This is turning into a nightmare

Honda Civic 10th gen Help. Experienced diag request. DTCs, ECU failure? Screenshot_20230522_151723_Chrome

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SPT 17 EX-T 08 LX 21 CRV 12 Acc 14 328I CONV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Might need power steering gearbox.

OP
OP
nickname

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
I got my hands on a snap on scan tool. Cleared all the codes except a few, but was able to verify all wheel speed sensors are good, and was able to start the LKAS calibration procedure.

These are the reoccurring codes

Honda Civic 10th gen Help. Experienced diag request. DTCs, ECU failure? 20230526_162047

Honda Civic 10th gen Help. Experienced diag request. DTCs, ECU failure? 20230526_162619

Honda Civic 10th gen Help. Experienced diag request. DTCs, ECU failure? 20230526_162633

Honda Civic 10th gen Help. Experienced diag request. DTCs, ECU failure? 20230526_162800

Honda Civic 10th gen Help. Experienced diag request. DTCs, ECU failure? 20230526_163230

Honda Civic 10th gen Help. Experienced diag request. DTCs, ECU failure? 20230526_163338

Honda Civic 10th gen Help. Experienced diag request. DTCs, ECU failure? 20230526_163834

Honda Civic 10th gen Help. Experienced diag request. DTCs, ECU failure? 20230526_164942

OP
OP
nickname

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
Also completed the steering angle neutral position, and learned the procedure hasn't been done in 199XXX miles (it has 205XXX miles now)

So despite it being a requirement per Honda's official alignment procedures, the dealership has never done one

Honda Civic 10th gen Help. Experienced diag request. DTCs, ECU failure? 20230526_154409

Honda Civic 10th gen Help. Experienced diag request. DTCs, ECU failure? Screenshot_20230526_193445_Gallery

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
Is it possible that your parts are functioning... but the bus wiring itself is damaged partially (pinched or exposed) causing intermittent errors?

OP
OP
nickname

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
Is it possible that your parts are functioning... but the bus wiring itself is damaged partially (pinched or exposed) causing intermittent errors?
That's the only explanation that makes sense. Or a ground issue somewhere.

Even after the collision, I drove it to work then back. Replaced the radiator and body panels, no malfunction indicators, hell even after getting the windshield replaced I wasn't having any issues except when LKAS was on, I was hugging the right line (and it would say Lane Departure if I was close to the left line)

Then went to Honda, they gave me those DTCs, and I already had a different CV and knuckle so o replaced them. Then my shit lit up like Christmas. Every steering and suspension

DRUSA

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R 2000 Honda S2000
Country flag
You get those steering angle learn codes whenever you disconnect the battery. You have to relearn the angle sensor to get rid of most all of those codes. It's a diag function under the abs/vsa tab on the Honda software, might be in the same place on your strap-on scanner idk.

If any of the airbags deployed or if any of the buckles locked up, you will need to replace and calibrate the SRS unit as well. Honda SRS units do not clear after a collision, the collision fault is burned into the SRS unit, you can't reset a collision deployment in the computer, you have to replace the whole unit.

The windshield LKAS camera totally needs to be aimed anytime it is removed during windshield replacement. If you don't aim it, it may do very strange LKAS operation like braking or kicking on warning lights when it's not supposed to. Check to make sure that the windshield is Honda OEM, it should have Honda brand labels in the lower driver side corner. Aftermarket glass does not always work properly with the LKAS camera. There is something different about the laminate inside the aftermarket glass that the camera does not like, it will not function properly, has to be OEM glass to work 100% like it should.
Sponsored