Help! Car stuck on accessory mode wont shut off.

Flakogomez

First Name
Cristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The issues started Yesterday morning. the battery had died, i jump started the car and went on with my day.
around 11pm my alarm goes off, i went to check it out and i couldn't turn the alarm off. i had to open the door with my key and it was only then that it stopped.
i get on then i see a "keyless system start problem" message on the dashboard and i could not turn the car off completely(it stays on accessory mode)the only way to completely shut it off is to disconnect the battery but when i reconnect it the dashboard comes on instantly with the same issue.

The clicking noise comes from above the fuse box. In the cabin.
i can turn the car on and drive without an issue.
When I try to turn it off the dashboard goes nuts.
I have a Blackvue 750x hardwired to fuses 29 & 31.

Honda Civic 10th gen Help! Car stuck on accessory mode wont shut off. B2519417-8DA1-4001-956D-CA7878DB0A36
Sponsored

longthaitran91

Suiton20
First Name
Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
Try replacing the battery in your keys first. Weird issues happen when the keys are low. The lifespan for the key batteries is about 2 years. Even the spares needs replacement because it’s constantly emitting power.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Any idea why battery died? When was the last time you drove car before this?
When did you install the dash cam? (I'd try disconnecting it if it was a recent install.)

OP
OP
Flakogomez

Flakogomez

First Name
Cristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any idea why battery died? When was the last time you drove car before this?
When did you install the dash cam? (I'd try disconnecting it if it was a recent install.)
I have a feeling that it died due to the car going into accessory mode and staying like that without me realizing it(parked far from me)

I drove car the entire week without an issue.
It’s been a while since I installed the dash cam(over 1-2 months I believe) but I did disconnect it in case that was the issue.

OP
OP
Flakogomez

Flakogomez

First Name
Cristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Try replacing the battery in your keys first. Weird issues happen when the keys are low. The lifespan for the key batteries is about 2 years. Even the spares needs replacement because it’s constantly emitting power.
I think this might have been it, it’s early to say but I changed the battery of the key fob and so far the car is working normally besides from power steering, brake systems, etc. resetting due to the battery being unplugged.
I’m shocked at how much trouble that little fob caused if that was the reason behind my car going nuts.
Sponsored