OP
Mugenkb1

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Acura RL, 16 Acura MDX, 17 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
I see you have the HKS Coilovers. Let me know what you think about them/give us a review!
Will do! I got to the passenger side today, the hole lined up pretty easily. Then I noticed that the passenger side strut was leaning more towards the back, and the drivers side leaned more towards the front. I measured using reference points and such, and there is a slight difference in strut placement for both sides which I found odd since I do recall bolting everything to spec and things fit nicely. I wished I measured the stock strut placement beforehand. But I did some google search, and I guess we have a slight staggered suspension setup to help with wheel hop? I was expecting everything to be square on both sides, but seems like it's more of a mirror from one side to the other. Interesting.

SUL73NAZ

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Yeah I noticed the springs (at least in my case) are clocked & held in place by the isolators in the exact opposite direction on each side.

Testudo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatch exl
Country flag
Thanks for the input guys. But problem solved! I don’t know how I couldn’t figure this out, might be because it was late yesterday and I just wasn’t thinking. But I basically wedged a metal stake in between the lower arm and the knuckle and just leveraged it in place. Pretty easy actually.

45E0656C-02FD-4F3F-82B2-07FDEAE24751.jpeg
Thank you, saved me after spending a couple hours trying to line it up.