HELP: Buying a USED KTUNER V1.2

Velonici

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatchback, 2004 Toyota 4Runner
Country flag
I've heard both sides of the BOV; it causes harm and it doesn't. I really just want the noise. But if I get an intake I should be able to achieve a similar noise. Idk, something about that sound. Could always sell it to someone else.

But $450 isn't bad for everything

Oh, @360glitch , what do you mean by "the discounted conversion option is only available to the original purchaser."

Sorry, it's late and I'm half asleep... a bit past my bed time
Depends on if you consider running rich every time you let off the throttle harmful or not. You are releasing metered air. Your ECU has accounted for that air in the air/fuel ratio. You now have less air than it thought and you will run rich. It was pretty cool when I had my MR2 since I could shoot some pretty awesome flames (BOV came with the car and I did get a stock valve and put it on after a couple of month). But I would not say that its healthy for the car.
Sponsored

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Another vote against the BOV.
Also, I was told that they did not have to provide the tune for my car because, as already stated, that is a feature only for the original purchaser of the device. However, they did it for me with the assistance of the original purchaser. I think it might help to tell them you are active on this forum. They want to avoid bad press.

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
Depends on if you consider running rich every time you let off the throttle harmful or not. You are releasing metered air. Your ECU has accounted for that air in the air/fuel ratio. You now have less air than it thought and you will run rich. It was pretty cool when I had my MR2 since I could shoot some pretty awesome flames (BOV came with the car and I did get a stock valve and put it on after a couple of month). But I would not say that its healthy for the car.
Correct me if I'm mistaken, I thought ALL mass produced vehicles run rich. Something about keeping everything lubricated or w/e.

I was taught it's better to run rich than it is to run lean.

Makes me curious how much metered air is actually escaping, and if the ECU struggles keeping fuel trim in specs.

If I put it on, I'll get some data logs of before and after... unless someone has already done the leg work

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
Another vote against the BOV.
Also, I was told that they did not have to provide the tune for my car because, as already stated, that is a feature only for the original purchaser of the device. However, they did it for me with the assistance of the original purchaser. I think it might help to tell them you are active on this forum. They want to avoid bad press.
Hell, I could say I'm the original purchaser and their information is incorrect ?

The guy selling seems like he would help tho

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag
Hell, I could say I'm the original purchaser and their information is incorrect ?

The guy selling seems like he would help tho
I can see that working out well. Surely nobody has ever tried that before. :lol:

That aside, most "original purchasers" are happy to help out the new owner and we are glad to work with them to make that happen.

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I should have mentioned... they are also active on the forum.
Appreciate all the support and participation here, @MAPerformance

Velonici

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatchback, 2004 Toyota 4Runner
Country flag
Correct me if I'm mistaken, I thought ALL mass produced vehicles run rich. Something about keeping everything lubricated or w/e.

I was taught it's better to run rich than it is to run lean.

Makes me curious how much metered air is actually escaping, and if the ECU struggles keeping fuel trim in specs.

If I put it on, I'll get some data logs of before and after... unless someone has already done the leg work
Not that I know of. Running rich will build up lots of carbon. Even if they do run rich they wont be anywhere near what you would run if you have a BOV. In my MR2 it would dump enough fuel that I would shoot 3ft flames out the back when I would get on it.
Sponsored