Raa430

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic 2017
Country flag
hi everyone im kinda nervous about my car breaking down. so i was driving on the highway when my car just stopped making any power. its weird but the car was idle just fine with a flashing engine light. i have hondata with +6psi with injen short ram and boomba bov installed. i can upload a datalog if anyone can help me thanks in advance
Sponsored

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Pull datalogs and pull the error codes for the CEL.

I'll tell you right now though, you're running a BOV and the worst intake available so advice right off the bat is return to stock.

julianzh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-t, 2019 GTI Autobahn DSG
Country flag
I read on this forum, bov is bad in this car. Idk, but good luck and be safe.

DmK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI
Country flag
BOV is not really a great solution for your engine, since Honda designed originally a closed lope pressure system, so by installing it you already screwing little bit the logic of ECU system.
But the biggest issue I think is your Injen short ram, it’s very common on this platform that people have issues with fuel trim caused my this intake.

OP
OP
Raa430

Raa430

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic 2017
Country flag
BOV is not really a great solution for your engine, since Honda designed originally a closed lope pressure system, so by installing it you already screwing little bit the logic of ECU system.
But the biggest issue I think is your Injen short ram, it’s very common on this platform that people have issues with fuel trim caused my this intake.
Ok so if I put a different intake system like prl or k&n I shouldn’t have this problem anymore?

DmK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Before you do it ask also someone to check your, log, if your fuel log messed up, then removing parts should help.
I have Ktuner so I couldn’t see your data.

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
The problem was most probably caused by your Injen intake and the Boomba BOV. How long have you have them installed? I’m thinking that your engine is feeling the long term bad effects of using those two parts.

OP
OP
Raa430

Raa430

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic 2017
Country flag
The problem was most probably caused by your Injen intake and the Boomba BOV. How long have you have them installed? I’m thinking that your engine is feeling the long term bad effects of using those two parts.
So I had the bov for about 2 years already and I never got any lights on my dash so I’m guessing it must be the injen intake. I really love the noise the intake makes but It seems like it’s causing my engine some problems. I still don’t understand how injen sucks but there are other brands that do work better.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
So I had the bov for about 2 years already and I never got any lights on my dash so I’m guessing it must be the injen intake. I really love the noise the intake makes but It seems like it’s causing my engine some problems. I still don’t understand how injen sucks but there are other brands that do work better.
The injen sucks because the MAF housing isn't true to stock sizing so it throws off your metered air and thus your AFRs. Get a quality intake like PRL Cobra or 27WON.

OP
OP
Raa430

Raa430

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic 2017
Country flag
The injen sucks because the MAF housing isn't true to stock sizing so it throws off your metered air and thus your AFRs. Get a quality intake like PRL Cobra or 27WON.
Yeah going back to stock intake for now. No one looked at the data log so I’m just going to play it safe with stock

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Yeah going back to stock intake for now. No one looked at the data log so I’m just going to play it safe with stock
I missed the part where you said Hondata, I have ktuner so wasn't able to open it unfortunately

OP
OP
Raa430

Raa430

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic 2017
Country flag
I missed the part where you said Hondata, I have ktuner so wasn't able to open it unfortunately
It’s all good. Took 20 mins to return back to stock. Maybe someone with hondata can check it out for me.