HELP! Adding better sound to my Civic Si Coupe

SFerrusco

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si (Ktuner, K&N Intake)
Country flag
Hello Everyone,

I'm planning on adding an amplifier and 1 or 2 subs to my civic Si coupe. I just think the current sound really lacks quality and bass.
Just wondering if anyone here has added subs to their coupe Honda... any tips or pictures would be really helpful. I have so many questions so hopefully you guys can help.
I would to like try to make the set up as clean as possible.

Thanks,
Sponsored

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

CopperPeacock

First Name
Brianna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 MSM FC3
Country flag
I saw a thread the other day, regarding replacing the existing sub, in a Si Coupe. It was an excellent write up, and might be well worth the search effort. Good Luck.

Edit: https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...or-coupe-rear-deck-semi-custom-bracket.52830/
You can do this and it will help mostly cause the OEM sub is so butts but if you're looking for BASS bass this wont do. Well, it CAN, it's just a lot of re-engineering to make it work and most people don't want to invest the time or energy to do a proper IB setup in a deck.

For 95% of my customers I recommend the Rockford Fosgate p300. It comes in an 8, 10, and 12 version and the amp is built into the box so if you need to use our tiny trunks you can just unplug it and set it aside.

All you need is the p300, an 8 ga wire kit, and one of the speaker wire adapters so you can just plug into the oem sub plug for signal in case you ever wanna go back to factory.

Its like $400 in parts ish total

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
IMG_4553.JPG

This was in an 11th gen Civic sedan but the idea still stands.
That'd be better than the "massage seats" in fancy cars ... this could work out the kinks, play The Kinks, AND massage the ear drums!

Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
When my OEM sub died I replaced it with a kicker, I forget which model without checking, but it's better sub and cheaper than OEM.

Fits in the deck and I use one of the plug adapters to connect it. Took a little work to cut the face mount off the OEM sub and figure out how to mount the kicker into the deck with it but worth it, as far as you can go without taking up space outside the deck or needing a separate amp.

With a hacked head unit and viper4android it honestly works pretty damn well all things considered and can already overshadow the rest of the audio system anyway.

OP
OP
SFerrusco

SFerrusco

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
IMG_4553.JPG

This was in an 11th gen Civic sedan but the idea still stands.
I'm pretty sold on this, I'll be buying the p300-12. Do you happen to have a list on all the things I'll need for the installation? Also, do you happen to have any other pictures on how you ran your wires? I've never done an sub installation so I'm worried about being able to hide the wires so the setup looks clean.

Thanks everyone for their input!

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
I'm pretty sold on this, I'll be buying the p300-12. Do you happen to have a list on all the things I'll need for the installation? Also, do you happen to have any other pictures on how you ran your wires? I've never done an sub installation so I'm worried about being able to hide the wires so the setup looks clean.

Thanks everyone for their input!
I'm not trying to derail your plans, but here's another option to tempt you: Kicker CompRT Down-Firing

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/aftermarket-sub-options-2020-si.42864/#post-968112

OP
OP
SFerrusco

SFerrusco

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
Oh that looks clean! But I have my mind set on an all in one sub. I think it I'll be going with the Rockford p500-12, I did a bit of research and it hits harder than the p300-12 and it's only a $150 difference.
Oh yeah an active ported sub will hits much harder than a passive sealed one. I was looking for a sub to round out, but not emphasize too much, the bottom end and I also want something that's easy to install. With the Kicker, I just throw it in there, connect it to the stock output and I retain most of the trunk space and the ability to use the fold down backseat without having to move the sub. Well in theory anyway. For the past couple of days, I noticed the bass didn't hit as strong and my side and rearview mirrors shake a lot less. I don't know if the stock sub channel got blown or the connection got dislodged from me playing fast and furious on the street. lol... So I might need to secure it with velcro or something.

OP
OP
SFerrusco

SFerrusco

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I added a powered sub under my driver's seat. I guess you could do this to both front seats?
20190725_183314.jpg
Did you do a low or high level input and where are you getting your inputs from?

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Did you do a low or high level input and where are you getting your inputs from?
This particular amp/sub combo has high-level inputs. I tapped off the front door speakers.

If you wanted to save trunk space, you could just have your amp in there and run a small sub box under each seat! But you won't get TOO much boom with shallow depth sub boxes. I just wanted a little more than the stock system.
Sponsored