Help 2019 Type R limp mode after PRL intake.

Rookie93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civic type r
Country flag
Installed a PRL intake and car went to limp-mode. Intake said “No tune required” I thought it would be safe. Please advice
Sponsored

Dennietho

First Name
Dennie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Grey Pearl FK8
Country flag
Probably your MAF sensor got dirty while transferring it. Clean it and it should run fine.

OP
OP

Rookie93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civic type r
Country flag
Probably your MAF sensor got dirty while transferring it. Clean it and it should run fine.
I’ll try and pray this fixes the issue. I’ve seen videos of people installing the same product and had no issues. I’ve been driving it like that for about 2 weeks now. But only to work and back.

CDNTyper

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8 1999 turbo EK
Country flag
I’ll try and pray this fixes the issue. I’ve seen videos of people installing the same product and had no issues. I’ve been driving it like that for about 2 weeks now. But only to work and back.
Before you try that. Pull battery cables, let it sit for a minute. Put them back on and start your car up. Let it idle for 5-10 minutes and relearn. Take it for a test drive. Also check everything is tight.

OP
OP

Rookie93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civic type r
Country flag
Before you try that. Pull battery cables, let it sit for a minute. Put them back on and start your car up. Let it idle for 5-10 minutes and relearn. Take it for a test drive. Also check everything is tight.
Copy will try this method. I was told it could be an ECU issue because it’s locked. Aftermarket parts will send car into limpmode until unlocked.

Dennietho

First Name
Dennie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Grey Pearl FK8
Country flag
Copy will try this method. I was told it could be an ECU issue because it’s locked. Aftermarket parts will send car into limpmode until unlocked.
Interesting, I had my downpipe and intake installed before I got my ecu unlocked and I didnt have any problems. I probably got lucky

OP
OP

Rookie93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civic type r
Country flag
Interesting, I had my downpipe and intake installed before I got my ecu unlocked and I didnt have any problems. I probably got lucky
Possibly or something went wrong during my install process. Anyway I’m taking it to my guys Tuesday and we working on it. I got the ECU unlocked so we see how things go

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
I have no unlocked ecu nor any tuner. I have a front pipe, exhaust, and the PRL intake. No issues for 500 miles.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Nothing seems to work might just take the L and take it to the dealer
I've seen dealers tell users on this forum to bring it back stock and they'll take a look... Hope you get better service, but it won't be cheap. I'd bring it to a local small shop that you/your friends trust first.

OP
OP

Rookie93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civic type r
Country flag
I've seen dealers tell users on this forum to bring it back stock and they'll take a look... Hope you get better service, but it won't be cheap. I'd bring it to a local small shop that you/your friends trust first.
Thank you. I’m taken it to a friends shop Tuesday. It’s just the Intake so if it comes to that putting it back stock won’t be a problem.

OP
OP

Rookie93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civic type r
Country flag
Relearn it or rerun it?

tylermmorton

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R #1362
Country flag
I've got a friend who has full bolt ons but no tune for months. He never said anything about limp mode.
Sponsored