rrsi18

First Name
Saman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi A4 -- 2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
so, did you end up signing?
Looking to purchase one today! I might end up going with a lease. Someone said if I am going to heavily mod it up, maybe its better not to own the car at the end?

AndreyL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wow, I really feel like a sucker! I put $11k down on my SI and I'm still financing $21k after tax+fees
Holy guacamole dude your credit must be complete and utter crap... That’s insane. I put down 3k and financed the same amount and thought I got screwed...

As for leasing vs buying... if you lease it and mod it, you might have to take all that crap off when you turn in your lease. They don’t mind minor stuff like window tint and whatnot, but if you put performance mods on it, they won’t be too excited about that.

When I was shopping around, I wandered into a Hyundai dealership. They had a 2.0 Genesis with mods that they couldn’t get rid of because nobody wanted to pay the price they were asking for a modded car, because everyone assumed the previous owner drove the everliving shit out of it.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
+1 - unless you find a buyer who wants a modded vehicle - it's worth far less modded than it is stock.

In the case of my old 2002 WRX and 2011 EVO GSR(both FBO with turbo upgrades), I was able to find buyers who wanted the cars exactly as they were. They paid me more than I owed, but ultimately the same price they would have paid for a used car in stock condition. When I discussed trading them in at multiple dealerships they all told me the same thing, either I return the car to stock, or they will have to devalue the car to what it would cost to put it back to stock.

Do not modify a leased vehicle unless you have absolute confidence you can put it back to stock without a dealer noticing.

OP
OP
rrsi18

rrsi18

First Name
Saman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi A4 -- 2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
OP
OP