rrsi18

First Name
Saman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi A4 -- 2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Hey guys,

I was aiming for a 2018 RR CTR as my user name states, but after sitting down and looking at my finances, I think the best thing for me to do is to purchase the 2018 Civic Si instead. I love the Type-R, but I do have a 2017 Audi A4 that I love dearly, and do not want to get rid of it so I thought why not add in the Civic Si to drive on the weekends, and mod up.

I am looking to get the 2018 in RR Civic Si Sedan. Looks like dealers here are trying to sell it to me at 23,500+tax which seems to be their "invoice". I really want to buy the car at $22,000+tax do you guys think that is a deal that is possible? Have any of you guys been able to get the 2018 at $22,000 or even high 21,000 + tax?

Thank you so much for your input it really does not go unnoticed.
Sponsored

Xtelotatichl

First Name
Cha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si
Country flag
My advice is to just be straightforward and tel them exactly what you want. Something like what you’ve already wrote.

Listen, I really want to buy the car at “$X” amount. Can you do that for me.

Essentially lay out your terms and let them know that’s the only way you’ll deal and see what happens. Go in with the mentality that if they can’t do it you can’t buy it and just walk away.

My .02 cents anyways.

OP
OP
rrsi18

rrsi18

First Name
Saman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My advice is to just be straightforward and tel them exactly what you want. Something like what you’ve already wrote.

Listen, I really want to buy the car at “$X” amount. Can you do that for me.

Essentially lay out your terms and let them know that’s the only way you’ll deal and see what happens. Go in with the mentality that if they can’t do it you can’t buy it and just walk away.

My .02 cents anyways.
Thank you I went to 2 dealerships today, and was firm on my price and I will continue to be since I have a main car anyways! Also is there any rumors on release date for the 2019 Honda Civic Si? If its close up maybe I can just wait for that to arrive as well. This will help me get the 2018 for cheaper or if it has any good changes ill just wait for the 2019?

Xtelotatichl

First Name
Cha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si
Country flag
Thank you I went to 2 dealerships today, and was firm on my price and I will continue to be since I have a main car anyways! Also is there any rumors on release date for the 2019 Honda Civic Si? If its close up maybe I can just wait for that to arrive as well. This will help me get the 2018 for cheaper or if it has any good changes ill just wait for the 2019?
If you want the best price go to the dealer and let them know you want a car on December 30th. They want to unload their inventory before the next year. This also gives you a day to think about their offer.

OP
OP
rrsi18

rrsi18

First Name
Saman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you want the best price go to the dealer and let them know you want a car on December 30th. They want to unload their inventory before the next year. This also gives you a day to think about their offer.
I love this thank you so much! Do you think the 2019 Civic Si will come this year, before that date though?

ToastedSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I think the 2019s will come out before the year ends. I don't expect much changes from the 2018 year. Keep searching. I wished I did. I thought my 23.5 +TTL was great till I read what others got on this forum.

OP
OP
rrsi18

rrsi18

First Name
Saman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think the 2019s will come out before the year ends. I don't expect much changes from the 2018 year. Keep searching. I wished I did. I thought my 23.5 +TTL was great till I read what others got on this forum.
Thank you so much! As much as I really want the car I will not budge until I get the deal I want! I really want to get 24's OTD

MattyNice

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got mine here in Charlotte for 23500 all in. That was after 4 hours of negotiation and shaking hands agreeing to part ways several times. They had 3 on the lot at the time. 2 WOP coupes and a sedan. Had heart set on WOP sedan but test drove the coupe and had complete change of heart. Think the particular coupe I fell in love with may have been there a bit. I think that helped and the coupes are much harder to move. We have 3% tax and there was 599 dealer fee so I would adjust for where you’re at.

racer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan.
Country flag
Thank you so much! As much as I really want the car I will not budge until I get the deal I want! I really want to get 24's OTD
'19's will come out in Sept/Oct. I wouldn't expect too much discount for an '18 until its already 2019 and they are still on a dealers lot. I would guess there will be the usual small price bump for 2019 (unless this whole trade tariff thing shoots the creek and suddenly a 2019 is $1500(?) more)

Guess it depends too on the mods you want to run.. figure out car costs/ mod costs and maybe its just worth waiting for a (used) CTR to come on market at your price point.

OP
OP
rrsi18

rrsi18

First Name
Saman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got mine here in Charlotte for 23500 all in. That was after 4 hours of negotiation and shaking hands agreeing to part ways several times. They had 3 on the lot at the time. 2 WOP coupes and a sedan. Had heart set on WOP sedan but test drove the coupe and had complete change of heart. Think the particular coupe I fell in love with may have been there a bit. I think that helped and the coupes are much harder to move. We have 3% tax and there was 599 dealer fee so I would adjust for where you’re at.
Thank you so much our tax is 9.5% so it would be 25kOTD. I found it for 24.5K OTD but now I want to see if I can maybe even pull of 23's OTD!

'19's will come out in Sept/Oct. I wouldn't expect too much discount for an '18 until its already 2019 and they are still on a dealers lot. I would guess there will be the usual small price bump for 2019 (unless this whole trade tariff thing shoots the creek and suddenly a 2019 is $1500(?) more)

Guess it depends too on the mods you want to run.. figure out car costs/ mod costs and maybe its just worth waiting for a (used) CTR to come on market at your price point.
KTuner/Intake/Exhaust/Intercooler definitely right after I break it in! Hmmm will the 2019 be any faster or engine upgrades/ volume knob? Haha if not ill settle with 2018 and save myself 2-3 months of waiting. I found a dealer that can do it for 24.5 OTD but people are telling me 23's OTD is possible as well! Don't know how true that is in SoCal though.

I also would rather buy a new car then a used one. Especially when it comes to car like these.

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
Ehh you might be able to pull high 23's for a 2018 but it is not going to be easy. The absolute best prices I have seen posted were gotten by knowing the right people (owner, etc), or by purchasing a left over 2017 model.

I cannot speak for your area, but the costco price might be a little better. Not 23K OTD though.

YvesSaintJan

First Name
Jansen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si
Country flag
Just purchased my si on the last Sunday of July. Plan to purchase more towards the end of the month. Also email all Honda dealers within your area. You are the free agent they want your business, make them low key go to you. I didn’t bite on first OTD price of my si sedan. They wanted 27k OTD. After a week they caved on the price that was fair for myself and them. Patience is key, good luck!

ltrinh

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Just purchased my si on the last Sunday of July. Plan to purchase more towards the end of the month. Also email all Honda dealers within your area. You are the free agent they want your business, make them low key go to you. I didn’t bite on first OTD price of my si sedan. They wanted 27k OTD. After a week they caved on the price that was fair for myself and them. Patience is key, good luck!
Care to share the price you paid? Thanks.

ltrinh

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Ehh you might be able to pull high 23's for a 2018 but it is not going to be easy. The absolute best prices I have seen posted were gotten by knowing the right people (owner, etc), or by purchasing a left over 2017 model.

I cannot speak for your area, but the costco price might be a little better. Not 23K OTD though.
I bought mine in mid May in SoCal and costco price ( from the dealer that revealed the price ) was far worse than 'internet price'. But YMMD

OP
OP
rrsi18

rrsi18

First Name
Saman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Maybe the 24.5K OTD is good that I am getting with my 9.5% tax rate.

Thanks yes I am being very patient with them! Maybe I should jump on the 24.5K OTD with my 9.5% tax rate. That is already 1k below their cost.
Sponsored