Hello CivicX! We're Common Fibers, Your Carbon Fiber Experts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Common Fibers

Common Fibers

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Website
commonfibers.com
Vehicle(s)
1970 & 1971 Honda CT90, 1991 Mazda Miata, 1999 BMW M Coupe, 2014 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI
Country flag
+1 for some kind of front/rear fake grill replacement. Everything on the market right now is either distasteful (see top1motors) or low quality (eBay replacements). I think there's a lot of potential for making something look a lot better than what's out there.
I checked out Top1Motors, that is a busy looking front end! I think I'll be posting a poll to the forum to see what parts people would want made. If we can get enough support for parts like the grill covers, I'll get them posted up on group buy and try and get them made!
Sponsored

Ji671

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hello over there in Port Orchard! I'm on the peninsula myself fairly frequently.

We actually had someone here in Seattle come by with their CTR, and they were asking about side covers in the engine bay that kind of cover the top of the fenders. Is that what you're referring to? He was saying they're only available on the euro-spec CTR I think. If we can get our hands on a set, we can definitely recreate them!

Yea, that what I was looking towards the engine covers that cover the top of the fenders. But I guess other owners in the area were already trying to get the same thing :(. I'll be sure to be on the look out if you guys ever get a set and make them :)

OP
OP
Common Fibers

Common Fibers

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Website
commonfibers.com
Vehicle(s)
1970 & 1971 Honda CT90, 1991 Mazda Miata, 1999 BMW M Coupe, 2014 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI
Country flag
Yea, that what I was looking towards the engine covers that cover the top of the fenders. But I guess other owners in the area were already trying to get the same thing :(. I'll be sure to be on the look out if you guys ever get a set and make them :)
I'll definitely keep you all posted if we decide to make the side covers!

OP
OP
Common Fibers

Common Fibers

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Website
commonfibers.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
A direct replacement. Maybe even a slight change in the design of the oem part.
A direct replacement is a fairly "easy" thing to do, at least because we understand the scope of work and can give people an accurate estimate of what it will cost. Making changes can definitely add to the overall cost of the project because we have to involve engineering & design. We'd need to 3D scan the OEM spoiler and then modify the CAD model. But we do that kind of thing all the time, so definitely doable if you've got a vision.

olesaintnik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I checked out Top1Motors, that is a busy looking front end! I think I'll be posting a poll to the forum to see what parts people would want made. If we can get enough support for parts like the grill covers, I'll get them posted up on group buy and try and get them made!
I think it would be worthwhile having the grill vents opened somewhat, as many of us are running PRL's Cobra Cold Air Intake that sits behind the vent on the driver's side. I dremeled out some of the vents on mine to allow airflow to directly get to the intake, but a fabricated piece for this would be much better.

Thanks for the community support, I look forward to the products your company creates!

OP
OP
Common Fibers

Common Fibers

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Website
commonfibers.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I think it would be worthwhile having the grill vents opened somewhat, as many of us are running PRL's Cobra Cold Air Intake that sits behind the vent on the driver's side. I dremeled out some of the vents on mine to allow airflow to directly get to the intake, but a fabricated piece for this would be much better.

Thanks for the community support, I look forward to the products your company creates!
Makes sense, we can definitely add some intake holes.

Ji671

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Question: do you offer overlays on parts? I want to get a front lip overlay or wrapped in carbon fiber. Just making an inquiry

Thanks ☺

ManitobaSI

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'll definitely keep you all posted if we decide to make the side covers!
Right now there is no option for side covers for Canadians as we have a different setup slightly with our windshield washer fluid. You would literally have the whole Canadian market to tap into. Those covers would make the engine bay so much cleaner. Cheers.

olesaintnik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How about engine covers that fit the 1.5T engine without interfering with aftermarket sway bars?

OP
OP
Common Fibers

Common Fibers

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Website
commonfibers.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Question: do you offer overlays on parts? I want to get a front lip overlay or wrapped in carbon fiber. Just making an inquiry

Thanks ☺
Hey, thanks for inquiring. We don't offer overlays anymore except in special instances where a customer needs it for a prototype. We can't guarantee the longevity of a wrapped part because the different expansion rates between the carbon fiber and the material its overlayed on (usually a plastic with a relatively very high expansion rate) will cause the overlay to delaminate, sometimes very quickly. It's also extremely difficult to do an overlay with the same level of quality and finish as a molded part, and the amount of labor it takes will often come close in cost to making a mold and 100% carbon part! So we typically strongly discourage our customers from seeking overlays. I hope that helps!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.