Hella supertone horns mounted behind grill! Stock horn still on (hatchback sport) (pics)

geeeek

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Civic Hatch Sport 6MT
Country flag
Like title says, the horns were mounted behind the grille and the stock horn is still connected. Pretty much a cosmetic choice of location but I guess it has a direct opening to the front of the car. If anyone else is looking to mount their horns similarly, here's pictures with the bumper off and on.

The supertones by themselves are pretty good, but if you want that extra oomph you should keep the stock horn connected as well. The overall tri-tone is pretty distinct and will definitely be heard if necessary.

Honda Civic 10th gen Hella supertone horns mounted behind grill! Stock horn still on (hatchback sport) (pics) Photo Jun 17, 5 42 31 PM

Honda Civic 10th gen Hella supertone horns mounted behind grill! Stock horn still on (hatchback sport) (pics) Photo Jun 17, 5 33 46 PM

U.S.C

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
So you spliced them together with your stock horn? Or just installed them for looks and didn’t connect them?

OP
OP
geeeek

geeeek

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So you spliced them together with your stock horn? Or just installed them for looks and didn’t connect them?
yea whenever I press the horn now I tell my passenger to yell and we yell together for the sweet triple tone harmony with the regular horn. But yeah they’re all connected together now, you are funny lol. I can’t stop thinking about someone just slapping these on their car with some tape and calling it a day

CobraCommand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Canadian Civic LX Hatchback, formerly 2017 Canadian Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
Did you add a wiring harness with a relay at all? Not sure I'd trust the stock wiring.

ZephyrFlash

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you add a wiring harness with a relay at all? Not sure I'd trust the stock wiring.
Chances are that the worst case scenario is that your horn would be underpowered and with how loud Hellas can be I wouldn't really see it as a downside imo

U.S.C

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
yea whenever I press the horn now I tell my passenger to yell and we yell together for the sweet triple tone harmony with the regular horn. But yeah they’re all connected together now, you are funny lol. I can’t stop thinking about someone just slapping these on their car with some tape and calling it a day
I’m sure someone has done it lol. It looks very good tho. I’m definitely about to do this as well. Thanks for sharing it.

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm going to have to remember the human horn trick! I had to aim one down to fit them behind passenger vent. I lasered black engraving stock to cover vent perfectly if anyone is interested.
Honda Civic 10th gen Hella supertone horns mounted behind grill! Stock horn still on (hatchback sport) (pics) img_20190324_171503
Honda Civic 10th gen Hella supertone horns mounted behind grill! Stock horn still on (hatchback sport) (pics) img_20190614_184841
Honda Civic 10th gen Hella supertone horns mounted behind grill! Stock horn still on (hatchback sport) (pics) img_20190618_204423
Honda Civic 10th gen Hella supertone horns mounted behind grill! Stock horn still on (hatchback sport) (pics) IMG_20190618_100258__01

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP

Do you have any other bumper off photos? Looks like they made little brackets out of straight bar but would be cool to get a closer look. I am doing the type-r front bumper/grill conversion and would like to do this at the same time since the stock horns SUCKKKK.

OP
OP
geeeek

geeeek

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
OP

Do you have any other bumper off photos? Looks like they made little brackets out of straight bar but would be cool to get a closer look. I am doing the type-r front bumper/grill conversion and would like to do this at the same time since the stock horns SUCKKKK.
I don't have any bumper off photos at a different angle, but they're two L brackets drilled to the top of the crash bar
Sponsored