Heightened racial tension during this time

pcsavvy

First Name
Vickie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport (Sonic Gray Pearl)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Unfortunately, a lot of the news media and social media are more concerned with making money by having as many clicks as possible and unfortunately bad crap sells and good stuff doesn't. What I find disheartening is most of the news media are more concerned in pushing whatever narrative will make them money and damn the truth. There was a time you could watch the news and get the facts and make up your own mind about the veracity of their reporting. But now you have to weed through the garbage and figure out what is truth, what is lies or misdirection.
I know when I was in Korea, I realized real fast Korean culture was very ethnocentric and sexist and very different from America which made me appreciate all the more that I was born in America. But I also saw fellow military members with the ugly American attitude of "kiss my feet since I am an American and deign to enter your shop."
I think people forget that every person is different, each person has a different personality, different outlook in life, different standards based on culture and home life and one has to judge each individual on the their personal character and not on some generalized prejudice based on their other characteristics.
I really, really hate this attitude of America is the worst place in the world crap because no place is a perfect Eden, in America you have the freedom to make choices in your life both good, bad or indifferent to becoming either a better human being or A-Hole. Unfortunately, folks remember the A-Holes more than the nice people. I also think if people started to either ignore bad behavior/punish all criminal behavior equally as possible then the good guys can win the day.
Sponsored