ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
At what IAT1/2 temps are we considered to be heatsoaked?

Right now, driving around on the highway here in SoCal my car feels sluggish. It’s 100 degrees out usually and flashed back to stock because of the heat. My IAT1 (intake) gets up to 120-150F depending on if I’m highway driving or street. IAT 2 (intercooler) sits at 110-140F, again depending on driving street or highway. Only have a prl stage 1 intake. Waiting to install my mishimoto FMIC and PRL cobra until shop has open appointments. You can tell the car is pulling back timing if you try to floor it compared the evening around 7PM when temps are in the 70-80F.
Sponsored

KOIVUN1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si CBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i'd say anything above 125 is heatsoaked. i'm fbo w prl cobra and prl fmic v2 and charge pipes and the hottest my iats go is 108-iat1 and 118-iat2 and thats in map 3 hard driving in 90+ degree weather. the stage 1 intake does minimal mitigation for heatsoak, it seems to mainly just reduce restriction on the intake side. the cobra will definitely help a ton and honestly it's super easy to install and super hard to mess up, what's your reason for having a shop do it?
also from what i can tell the stock tune pulls a lot more timing under high heat relative to an ots tune. i'd say put on a starter dual map so you can still enjoy nightly cruises.

Jason Baker

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My 2 cents Is that if the car is doing anything other than what it normally does, it’s probably too hot.
I’ve read anything above 100 is heat soaked.
I’d say it’s rather subjective.
My car is FBO and I’ve never seen it go over 102 but I don’t race it every where I go.

USNengineman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Chevy Colorado z71
Country flag
that fmic will help a LOT! i recently wrapped my charge pipes and my MAF housing in gold heat tape and now i see a delta between outside air and iat2 of 5 degrees (the lowest) and normally 10-15 degrees just cruisin. it might not look the prettiest in the engine bay but wrapping the charge pipes help tremendously!!!! id recommend it!!

OP
OP
ValkenDnB

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
i'd say anything above 125 is heatsoaked. i'm fbo w prl cobra and prl fmic v2 and charge pipes and the hottest my iats go is 108-iat1 and 118-iat2 and thats in map 3 hard driving in 90+ degree weather. the stage 1 intake does minimal mitigation for heatsoak, it seems to mainly just reduce restriction on the intake side. the cobra will definitely help a ton and honestly it's super easy to install and super hard to mess up, what's your reason for having a shop do it?
also from what i can tell the stock tune pulls a lot more timing under high heat relative to an ots tune. i'd say put on a starter dual map so you can still enjoy nightly cruises.
I don’t have the tools to do the install myself and I don’t feel comfortable doing it since I don’t have any experience working on cars myself. It’s $80 for the install which isn’t too bad imo and $150 for the FMIC. They’re just super busy. They mainly focus on 10th gen civics, so I’m more comfortable with them installing it versus a random shop or even myself.

USNengineman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Chevy Colorado z71
Country flag
I don’t have the tools to do the install myself and I don’t feel comfortable doing it since I don’t have any experience working on cars myself. It’s $80 for the install which isn’t too bad imo and $150 for the FMIC. They’re just super busy. They mainly focus on 10th gen civics, so I’m more comfortable with them installing it versus a random shop or even myself.
if youre close to sd ill do it for free bud

USNengineman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Chevy Colorado z71
Country flag
Im around an hour and a half away. Really depends what part of San Diego you’re from to know exactly how far. I do appreciate that.
im in mission valley. honestly i get off work at around 2pm-3pm. i will drive my happy ass to install whatever you need for free. just buy the beer.
anything you wanna do to your car ive done. just dont expect me to do a chrome delete because i fucked mine up

USNengineman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Chevy Colorado z71
Country flag
and by beer i mean a 6 pack, i gotta drive home. i know the stereotype with sailors but some of us cant be downin a whole bottle

U.S.C

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Depends on where you live and the temps you’re dealing with lol.

I live in SoCal and I have prl cobra with race maf and my tempts vary depending on the day but I’m almost always under 100f only time it’s over is when it’s 95+ and sitting in traffic not moving much then my tempts go up.

OP
OP
ValkenDnB

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
im in mission valley. honestly i get off work at around 2pm-3pm. i will drive my happy ass to install whatever you need for free. just buy the beer.
anything you wanna do to your car ive done. just dont expect me to do a chrome delete because i fucked mine up
I'm about an hour and 40min away. I'll PM you if I get the chance to head that way ahead of time. Haha I've never heard that saying. That a Navy thing?

USNengineman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Chevy Colorado z71
Country flag
I'm about an hour and 40min away. I'll PM you if I get the chance to head that way ahead of time. Haha I've never heard that saying. That a Navy thing?
ill come to you my guy, im "not allowed" to work on cars in my apartment parking garage technically. i mean no one even goes up to the top floor but whatever fits your needs man! my place, your place dont matter. just wanna help a fellow si guy out! no a lot of people who have these cars know wtf theyre doing and if i can steer you in the right direction im happy man!
naw, not a navy saying. just me, im one of the weak drinkers!! lol

OP
OP
ValkenDnB

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
ill come to you my guy, im "not allowed" to work on cars in my apartment parking garage technically. i mean no one even goes up to the top floor but whatever fits your needs man! my place, your place dont matter. just wanna help a fellow si guy out! no a lot of people who have these cars know wtf theyre doing and if i can steer you in the right direction im happy man!
naw, not a navy saying. just me, im one of the weak drinkers!! lol
I'll PM on that. That way we can set something up to get all this stuff installed :) I got you on the beers.
Sponsored