Heater sucks

grevic16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe
Am I the only one that feels the heater in these cars is horrible? This is the worst heater I've ever had. I absolutely love my car, but the heater is the only complaint I really have. It seems to take FOREVER for the heater to warm up. I can't be the only one. I've had old beaters that warmed up quicker.
Sponsored

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
Am I the only one that feels the heater in these cars is horrible? This is the worst heater I've ever had. I absolutely love my car, but the heater is the only complaint I really have. It seems to take FOREVER for the heater to warm up. I can't be the only one. I've had old beaters that warmed up quicker.
Its the nature of the engine not heater thats causing this.. Car is trying to stay as cold as possible.. Even if its freezing.. Ive watched temp bar go down while idling at a light.. And down alot..

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Its the nature of the engine not heater thats causing this.. Car is trying to stay as cold as possible.. Even if its freezing.. Ive watched temp bar go down while idling at a light.. And down alot..
He's right, I have also watched it drop at ide when temps are down to 20F and lower.

OP
OP
grevic16

grevic16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe
About the only thing I've found that helps a bit, is on my drive home at night, the first half is on a 45 mph road, so if I leave it in S for a little while, it helps. Yeah, it'll cause the MPG to drop a tad, but not much. Yeah, it causes the RPM to be a little higher, but not much. I'd rather have my feet warm quicker. ;)

davidgostbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex-t 2016
Country flag
About the only thing I've found that helps a bit, is on my drive home at night, the first half is on a 45 mph road, so if I leave it in S for a little while, it helps. Yeah, it'll cause the MPG to drop a tad, but not much. Yeah, it causes the RPM to be a little higher, but not much. I'd rather have my feet warm quicker. ;)
Ever try to set the knob temp to max? When it's hot it's hot, like burning hot.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Let it hit half way up the temp gauge then turn the heater on. Use the heated seat until then :thumbsup: better for the car and fuel economy too.

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
Ever try to set the knob temp to max? When it's hot it's hot, like burning hot.
This... Will actually make it take longer to heat up the car.. The heater core is being feed the heat from the rest of the engine radiator doing its job.. Having the hvac set to max heat/blow will actually make the engine stay colder longer..

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
And this is correct.. Higher idle and other things from sport mode will make ur heat and coolant temp go up faster

carlson03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2017 EXL Pilot AWD Sensing
Mine doesn't seem to take too long to heat up....not any longer than my 06 Accord or 16 CRV, but could also be because it is in a garage at night?

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Throw a pizza box in front of your rad too if you want.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Hey, you joke, but I had an old truck I would put some cardboard in front of the radiator in the winter. That thing hated the cold. ;)
Not even a joke! I did it in my first car too, 1993 Ford Festiva, 63hp of fury!

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Mine doesn't seem to take too long to heat up....not any longer than my 06 Accord or 16 CRV, but could also be because it is in a garage at night?
Correct.. Garage helps as your likely starting at about 50 degrees.. Including ur internalls.. Were ours are frozen and lower
Sponsored