Hearing a water noise when starting my car?

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
The stock all season goodyears on the Si are scary in the rain once they get 25k miles of wear on them. Switched to Continental EC DWS06 tires. Those goodyears are predictable in the dry and can be thrown into corners pretty well with the thick sidewalls.
Thats good to know! Im already window shopping for new tires in anticipation of what you just described. Good to have a idea of when they are gonna shit out
Sponsored

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
Thats good to know! Im already window shopping for new tires in anticipation of what you just described. Good to have a idea of when they are gonna shit out
If you're looking for grip, I cant say enough good things about Continental rubber, but they do have softer sidewalls.

OP
OP

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Oh.... Then you can probably disregard what i said about tc lol. I have not the slightest idea if your cvt has the same tc as my car. I was assuming too much
Regardless, thanks for the information!

Hondu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring - Sonic Gray Pearl
Country flag
I don't know if it's normal, but I recently noticed this noise, like a water dripping/flowing/splashing noise when I start my car up (2019 Hatchback EX). Is that normal? Or is it a cause for concern?

Also, does anyone else's traction control light come on when they accelerate?
I hear the same noise as well, though i would describe mine more as a gurgling sound, along with the flowing sound. I just figured it was my HVAC system as others have noted in the thread.

My TC light will come on when I punch it off the line and I get some wheel spin (which is not hard to do with the factory tires, especially when they are cold).

OP
OP

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I hear the same noise as well, though i would describe mine more as a gurgling sound, along with the flowing sound. I just figured it was my HVAC system as others have noted in the thread.

My TC light will come on when I punch it off the line and I get some wheel spin (which is not hard to do with the factory tires, especially when they are cold).
I just haven't noticed the sound until recently, which is why I thought something was off haha.
And I've been driving the same way since I got the car, but it's just recently that the tc light will come on. I haven't been punching it off the line or anything

2017touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring (Black on Black); 2018 Mustang GT
Country flag
@daniellee789 I had a similar sound from my previous car (2010 Infiniti G37) and it turned out to be the water pump on its way out. Not saying this is the case with you but it doesnt hurt to have it checked.

nizarz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
Country flag
I get that sound too if the A/C is not switched off. You may notice that if you turn A/C off in the climate settings the noise stops.

OP
OP

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
@daniellee789 I had a similar sound from my previous car (2010 Infiniti G37) and it turned out to be the water pump on its way out. Not saying this is the case with you but it doesnt hurt to have it checked.
That's true. I might stop by the dealership, but I haven't had any problems, the temp gauge is fine and the AC system works like it always has haha

OP
OP

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I get that sound too if the A/C is not switched off. You may notice that if you turn A/C off in the climate settings the noise stops.
Ahh I see. I usually don't turn the AC off when I turn the car off

Andre80

First Name
white civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 1.5 sport +
Country flag
I hear the sound of water flowing inside the pipes too, it doesn't worry me

OP
OP

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I hear the sound of water flowing inside the pipes too, it doesn't worry me
I'm not particularly worried, it's just that I've really never noticed it before

wwmisc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Hatchback 6M
Country flag
I don't know if it's normal, but I recently noticed this noise, like a water dripping/flowing/splashing noise when I start my car up (2019 Hatchback EX). Is that normal? Or is it a cause for concern?

Also, does anyone else's traction control light come on when they accelerate?
I occasionally hear the flowing/flushing sound too, lasting a few seconds roughly 10% of the time when I start up. Seems to happen when I start the car again shortly after turning it off (~10 minutes). I'd guess that the fluids/systems that would make such sounds would be coolant or refrigerant.
Sponsored