Hearing a water noise when starting my car?

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I don't know if it's normal, but I recently noticed this noise, like a water dripping/flowing/splashing noise when I start my car up (2019 Hatchback EX). Is that normal? Or is it a cause for concern?

Also, does anyone else's traction control light come on when they accelerate?
Sponsored

PEPSIFLAME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Never heard that in my 2020 EX hatch. Also, no my TC light has never come on.

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
Yes its normal. Its the hvac system.

Also, yes. Your tc light can come on if you punch it. Just normal accelerating? No it shouldn't come on.

raulnor516

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
My traction control comes on if I accelerate hard from a stop and the wheels spin, or if I do a hard pull from a low speed.

As far as the water noise, I definitely haven't heard that, it might be worth popping the hood, turning it over, and seeing if you can locate the sound source.

OP
OP

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Never heard that in my 2020 EX hatch. Also, no my TC light has never come on.
Thanks. Do you know if the traction control is linked to honda sensing in any way? I had to get the system calibrated because a camera was out of position

OP
OP

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes its normal. Its the hvac system.

Also, yes. Your tc light can come on if you punch it. Just normal accelerating? No it shouldn't come on.
Ahh I see thanks. I just never noticed the sound until recently. And sometimes it comes on when I'm accelerating normally

OP
OP

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My traction control comes on if I accelerate hard from a stop and the wheels spin, or if I do a hard pull from a low speed.

As far as the water noise, I definitely haven't heard that, it might be worth popping the hood, turning it over, and seeing if you can locate the sound source.
Yeah it comes on if I floor it, especially if it's a little wet outside, but sometimes it comes on even if I don't floor it and the wheels don't spin.

raulnor516

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Yeah it comes on if I floor it, especially if it's a little wet outside, but sometimes it comes on even if I don't floor it and the wheels don't spin.
It's important to keep in mind that modern traction controls are both reactive and preventative. If you see the light but don't hear wheel spin, it's doing its job to reduce power to the wheels and prevent it from spinning. The white painted lines at many intersections are really bad about staying wet and being very slippery, so even if you aren't gunning it, your front wheels could stutter on pull off as they hit those lines.

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It takes alot for my tc to come on unless I'm gunning it. Honestly maybe twice its come on without me expecting it to. Even in the rain, with my stock tires and making more hp than you. I feel like somethings up. Is yours a cvt or manual

OP
OP

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It's important to keep in mind that modern traction controls are both reactive and preventative. If you see the light but don't hear wheel spin, it's doing its job to reduce power to the wheels and prevent it from spinning. The white painted lines at many intersections are really bad about staying wet and being very slippery, so even if you aren't gunning it, your front wheels could stutter on pull off as they hit those lines.
Thanks! I never knew that

OP
OP

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It takes alot for my tc to come on unless I'm gunning it. Honestly maybe twice its come on without me expecting it to. Even in the rain, with my stock tires and making more hp than you. I feel like somethings up. Is yours a cvt or manual
It's a CVT haha stock

longthaitran91

Suiton20
First Name
Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
You don't spin in rain?? My stock tires spun out like no tomorrow in the rain even with light throttle. I nearly wreaked my car because it slid out during a turn at low speeds. Once one tire got a hole in it and couldn't be fixed, I switched to the pirelli p zero pz4 tires. Never had a problem again. No spins in rain unless I really tried

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You don't spin in rain?? My stock tires spun out like no tomorrow in the rain even with light throttle. I nearly wreaked my car because it slid out during a turn at low speeds. Once one tire got a hole in it and couldn't be fixed, I switched to the pirelli p zero pz4 tires. Never had a problem again. No spins in rain unless I really tried
I definitly can! But its not every time i get on the gas like it seemed for you. I adjust my foot modulation for the weather i guess. I dont ask more from the tires than i think they could give and they do fine. Not confidence inspiring at all though.

Honestly im more prone to slide during turns than during acceleration with these tires.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
The stock all season goodyears on the Si are scary in the rain once they get 25k miles of wear on them. Switched to Continental EC DWS06 tires. Those goodyears are predictable in the dry and can be thrown into corners pretty well with the thick sidewalls.
Sponsored