Headunit wire diagram?

Anekin007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
anyone know or have the wire diagram for the headunit yet?
Sponsored

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
There are like 8 connectors on the headunit. Assuming you want speaker connections, here it is for all except Touring (or any of the others with 10/12 speaker systems):

Honda Civic 10th gen Headunit wire diagram? Untitled

Last edited:
OP
OP
Anekin007

Anekin007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Thanks! I think that's what I was looking for. what are the other harnesses? Do you have the diagra, for the others?

Rikdrt1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, Honda Civic
Country flag
Civic Si (X-Gen) ... anyone have the HU diagrams ?
I assume these don't have RCA jacks since they have their own DSP somewhere.

if that's the case, how would I bypass it all and install a 5Channel amp ?

Trey

R-00621
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #00621
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Rikdrt1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, Honda Civic
Country flag
dang, by the time I am done with this '86' and an amp, I am in for almost 700 and still need installation.

hmmm... Honda didn't make this easy.
if they wanted to call this a premium audio system, I wish they would of spent an xtra 400-600 and done this right so we aren't all just spending money on crazy fixes. sucks.

thanks.

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
Civic Si (X-Gen) ... anyone have the HU diagrams ?
I assume these don't have RCA jacks since they have their own DSP somewhere.

if that's the case, how would I bypass it all and install a 5Channel amp ?
Honda Civic 10th gen Headunit wire diagram? spdif

There are 12 connectors on the back of the headunit. This is the one that carries the music to the factory amp. To date, no one has tried connecting that SPDIF connector to an aftermarket DSP to see if it's usable or not.

Everyone is just tapping into the amplified signals coming out of the factory amp instead. They're crossed over, so if you want different crossover points, you'll need a summing DSP. There's a factory EQ curve applied, so if you want to get rid of that, you'll need a DSP that does un-EQ. The subwoofer output is flat down to 20 Hz so you don't need a DSP that does bass restoration.. If your DSP adds much delay, your Bluetooth callers will hear themselves echoing back. Some audio content is only on the center speaker.

Trey

R-00621
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #00621
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
spdif.png

There are 12 connectors on the back of the headunit. This is the one that carries the music to the factory amp. To date, no one has tried connecting that SPDIF connector to an aftermarket DSP to see if it's usable or not.

Everyone is just tapping into the amplified signals coming out of the factory amp instead. They're crossed over, so if you want different crossover points, you'll need a summing DSP. There's a factory EQ curve applied, so if you want to get rid of that, you'll need a DSP that does un-EQ. The subwoofer output is flat down to 20 Hz so you don't need a DSP that does bass restoration.. If your DSP adds much delay, your Bluetooth callers will hear themselves echoing back. Some audio content is only on the center speaker.
Looking at that pic, I'm wondering if I unplug the SPDIF cable to the factory amp and got the Metra headunit harness and plugged it into the back of the factory radio I could use the speaker cables to run to my lc2i from there vs cutting into the harness at the factory amp.

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
Looking at that pic, I'm wondering if I unplug the SPDIF cable to the factory amp and got the Metra headunit harness and plugged it into the back of the factory radio I could use the speaker cables to run to my lc2i from there vs cutting into the harness at the factory amp.
There aren't any connectors on the back of the headunit that run to speakers though.

Trey

R-00621
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #00621
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There aren't any connectors on the back of the headunit that run to speakers though.
I just spoke with that Eric guy at JL audio (cool civic hatch) and asked what would happen if we were to plug the SPDIF cable from the Type-R head unit into the JL audio TwK-88 and he said it would work. I'd like to get my hands on one to see what happens!!

Honda Civic 10th gen Headunit wire diagram? twk-88-foh__57928.1467056919

Honda Civic 10th gen Headunit wire diagram? x2_99b69e7c5167319c6bec21475b926f2c
Honda Civic 10th gen Headunit wire diagram? JL-Audio-TWK-88-2
Honda Civic 10th gen Headunit wire diagram? Tune_EQ_Selection

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
I just spoke with that Eric guy at JL audio (cool civic hatch) and asked what would happen if we were to plug the SPDIF cable from the Type-R head unit into the JL audio TwK-88 and he said it would work. I'd like to get my hands on one to see what happens!!
As long as the head unit is sending a stereo bitstream on the SPDIF cable, I think it will work. If it's multi-channel, probably not, but I think the multi-channel is being done in the amp, not the HU.

For me it's too much hassle for too little benefit (and too much loss of functionality) to try, but I'll definitely be curious to see if it works for you.

fahim7755

First Name
Fahim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic HB ST
There are like 8 connectors on the headunit. Assuming you want speaker connections, here it is for all except Touring (or any of the others with 10/12 speaker systems):

Untitled.png
Would you happen to have the diagram for Sport Touring with premium audio?

RallyeX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
I just wanna throw out my thanks to this entire thread. You guys helped me install my sub without a hiccup:beer:

Triple_peaz

Brother Taresa
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic si sedan, 2016 Honda pilot
Country flag
I just need to kno which wire is positive and negative for the rear sub, so I can wire my line out converter for amp and subs....
Sponsored