tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I hope you are right, because if it is Honda's buggy implementation from a few years ago they are not going to fix it anytime soon. There is also a big Waze update expected soon, will see if that makes this better or worse.
Oh, if you have a 17-18, there was one or two firmware updates released for the infotainment. It mainly addressed the random DC issues that a lot of us faced though. That firmware update was released in like 2017, but the 2018's weren't shipped with the update, there's a TSB about it.

Note the TSB may or may not have addressed the issue you're talking about though.
Sponsored

toastido

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Hatch
Country flag
Hate to revive an old thread, but I'm having this exact issue on my '17 EX Hatch running the latest headunit firmware using android auto. The normal "fixes" of starting and stopping navigation don't work, and even exiting waze doesn't work. I *think* it started after the last waze update -- does anyone have any advice, or should I just report it to waze and hope they somehow fix it?

ibgm101

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sense 2.0
Country flag
Hate to revive an old thread, but I'm having this exact issue on my '17 EX Hatch running the latest headunit firmware using android auto. The normal "fixes" of starting and stopping navigation don't work, and even exiting waze doesn't work. I *think* it started after the last waze update -- does anyone have any advice, or should I just report it to waze and hope they somehow fix it?
Waze has been driving me crazy for the last few weeks. It turned out to be the charging cable. It charged the phone fine, but the data transfer wire within the the cable must have been bad. I bought a new cable and it has worked perfect ever since. My old cable looked perfect, but it wasn't. Try a new cable and report back! Good luck..

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
It used to do this to me in 2021 with my wireless CarPlay box. After iOS 16 + numerous Waze updates it seems to have gone away.
Sponsored