Headunit Security Code?

CANMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Hey guys, I am guessing with how the headunit is part of the car that it does not require a security access code if the battery is disconnected, but I wanted to see if anyone knew before I do some work on my car. My dealer didn't give me a radio security code, and I have always gotten one with other Honda purchases. Anyone disconnected the battery for electrical installs yet and know?
Sponsored

classmarcher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T LSM ; 2006 Civic EX ASM
Country flag
No security code was asked or needed when i installed my subwoofer and amp and disconnected the battery.
Started right up when i connected the battery again.

And you have to idle the vehicle for around 5-10 minutes after the battery re-install for the computer to re- acquire engine parameters
But your custom radio settings and station presets will be erased.

OP
OP
CANMAN

CANMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
No security code was asked or needed when i installed my subwoofer and amp and disconnected the battery.
Started right up when i connected the battery again.

And you have to idle the vehicle for around 5-10 minutes after the battery re-install for the computer to re- acquire engine parameters
But your custom radio settings and station presets will be erased.
Awesome that was the answer I was hoping for. I just looked through my Pre-Deliver Inspection book and under the radio code it's just crossed out so thats good news. Going to be wiring a bunch of stuff in the next couple of days. Thanks!

Gt1948

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Awesome that was the answer I was hoping for. I just looked through my Pre-Deliver Inspection book and under the radio code it's just crossed out so thats good news. Going to be wiring a bunch of stuff in the next couple of days. Thanks!
page 200 owners manual
Sponsored